Lead Customer Support Advocate
Airtable is seeking an enthusiastic Lead Customer Support Advocate to enable our support team and customers! We’re looking for a Lead who is highly empathetic, eager to understand underlying issues, and whose passion is providing people actionable solutions while serving as the coach and mentor to 5-8 Customer Support Advocates
The right person won’t just field questions, but will use our support platform as a vehicle to constantly improve on how Airtable meets customer needs. This role requires a love of mentorship, learning, deep curiosity, and clear-writing skills. Each customer has unique needs and you and your team will act as a trusted partner to help our customers effectively leverage Airtable’s product to transform the way they work.
Airtable users span every industry and every function—they are cattle farmers, Fortune 500 companies, and city governments—which means our Customer Support Advocates will be supporting a diverse and dynamic range of use cases.
What you’ll do
- Provide continuous feedback, through ticket QA and regular 1:1s, and performance reviews to grow Customer Support Advocates in your Pod. Develop peer-mentorship opportunities within your Pod or across others.
- Collaborate with other Leads and managers to prioritize work and set direction for Customer Support
- Lead by example by providing exceptional customer service that helps everyone—from nonprofit managers to Fortune 500 executives—realize their goals through Airtable with live (eg. chat or screen share) or asynchronous (eg. email) support.
- Maintain an expert level knowledge of Airtable – dive in and experiment with new features. Anticipate upcoming user needs and support the learning and development of your team.
Who you are
- You are an avid Airtable user with deep product experience
- You are a self-starter who takes initiative and is energized even when a clear path isn’t laid out for you.
- 2+ years of experience in a Customer Support leadership role.
- You thrive and lead effectively in a highly dynamic, rapidly changing and fast-paced environment.
- You don’t shy away from a challenge, problem solving excites you! You thrive diving into technically complex or nuanced situations.
- Written communication is your forté; you can distill complicated topics into something clear and succinct.
- You approach every situation with high empathy and put the customer experience first.
- You believe support can transform user experience.
- You are an avid Airtable user with deep product experience.
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 50% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You’ll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- Gym Membership: we’re proud to provide employees in our San Francisco and New York offices with complimentary gym memberships to Equinox, or up to $100/month reimbursement towards any other gym
- Catered lunches: we have high-quality catered lunches every day and well-stocked kitchens. We’ll also reimburse you for any reasonable food expenses incurred while working
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable’s mission is to democratize software creation, similar to the way the Macintosh democratized personal computing. Software is arguably the most important creative medium of the last century, yet most people cannot build their own software. Airtable gives people and companies a “lego kit” they can use to create custom applications on their own, regardless of technical experience.
We’ve raised $170M in venture funding, including most recentlyfrom Benchmark, Thrive, and Coatue.
Airtable is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.