Eng 4, Product Dev Engineering at Comcast (West Chester, PA)
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
The Voice Infrastructure Services team is responsible to engineer & manage high-performance virtual & physical Infrastructure environment that provide the underlying infrastructure services to various voice applications & beyond. We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented cloud Infrastructure engineer with experience on OpenStack deployment, troubleshooting & administration. Our unique virtualized platform offering is a highly-resilient and high-performance optimized solution for our internally critical customers and you will be a part of the team building our own creative engineering solutions to operational problems which have reliability and uptime appropriate to users' needs and a fast rate of improvement while keeping an ever-watchful eye on capacity and performance for running better production systems. Your focus will be on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation. Practices such as limiting time spent on operational work, postmortems and proactive identification of potential outages factor into iterative improvement which is key to both product quality and interesting and dynamic day-to-day work. We are looking for exceptional team player, problem-solver with the ability to work independently and demonstrate strong initiative and an ability to organize daily tasks with minimal supervision. Takes proactive initiatives on all projects with a strong sense of ownership.
• Ensures solutions that are well engineered, maintainable, and delivered on schedule
• Develops, documents, and ensures compliance with best practices
• Work on with application owners to migrate existing and legacy workloads to newer platform, deployment of new infrastructure for private cloud platform
• Acts as a key contributor, contribute to user experience strategy, designs and proof of concept new architectures for futuristic compute & storage design.
• Analyze customer feedback, usability and research user behavior to enhance existing products.
• Work in collaboration with the broader T&P organization including other engineering teams and leaders
• Monitor the availability, latency and overall system health. Would be involved in on-call incident and change management
• Monitor current and future trends, technology and information that will positively affect organizational projects; applies and integrates emerging technological trends to new and existing systems architecture
• Contribute to the overall system implementation strategy for the enterprise and participates in appropriate forums, meetings, presentations etc. to meet goals
• Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
• Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary
• Take a major role in designing and implementing our cloud infrastructure to be scalable, maintainable, and secure
• Demonstrate a willingness to enhance the team learning environment by providing and encouraging mentorship and technical leadership.
• Experience with administrating Linux in a virtualized environment
• Demonstrated experience with OpenStack IaaS and PaaS architectures including strategy, architectural patterns and standards, approaches to multi-tenancy, scalability, and security
• Demonstrated experience with 3rd party hardware vendor relationships, vendor evaluation, technology evaluation and research
• Experience with source control repositories (e.g. Git) and CI/CD toolsets
• Should be flexible, able to handle escalations and drive/lead triage call/bridge- Good understanding of Incident, Change and problem Management
• Ability to comfortably work in a fast-paced agile environment. Requirements change quickly and our team needs to constantly adapt to moving targets
• Experience with hybrid cloud environments-OpenStack or public cloud, as a user, practitioner or administrator.
• Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and fire walls
• Five or more years of experience with multiple/ hybrid cloud environments-OpenStack or AWS, as a user, practitioner or administrator
• Strong software development lifecycle concepts
• Experience with zero-touch, fully orchestrated, work-order fulfilment and deployment builds across multiple environments
• Experience with data analysis of key cloud capacity usage patterns, trends, and projections
• Experience with System Monitoring tools and Synthetic Monitoring tools
• Good communication skills and ability to clearly articulate complex issues and technologies
Additional Desired Qualifications:
• Automation through scripting / playbook / image management-shell scripting, Ansible, terraform
• Python is desirable
• Familiarity with core voice technologies including SIP & IMS, as well as product knowledge of commercial and residential voice.
• Hardware engineering
• Data Center Experience
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer