Are you a tech-loving accounting professional passionate about supporting small businesses?
Do you respect the need for organized systems and processes?
Do you crave variety in your day, learning new things and teamwork?
We've been looking for you!!!
A la carte solutions is a growing, fast-paced outsourced accounting and advisory firm with a “Work Wherever” philosophy! This position is 100% remote so you can work from your home office!
Our employees are hand-picked accounting professionals with strong credentials and a CAN-DO attitude towards life and toward eachother. We only hire energetic, positive team players that enjoy being challenged and are looking to grow and develop their careers.
We offer fair compensation with full benefits (including unlimited vacation, work wherever, no busy season, a safe harbor 401k plan! and the opportunity to get training and education in new industries, new software and new technology! If you enjoy having variety in your day, learning new things and teamwork, we’re the place for you!
Our clients are small, privately-held entrepreneurial businesses located across the US. We work with companies across various industries including property management, real-estate, data management, professional services, non-profits, transportation & logistics, and distribution.
We are a fun-loving bunch and live by these Core Values:
- Bring Your Best - our team brings their very best to everything they choose to be and do in their lives
- Speak The Truth - we value radical candor and embrace honest and respectful feedback with eachother
- Innovate Indefinitely - continuous improvement drives us to be better today than we were yesterday with an unquenchable desire to learn and grow
- Keep The Rhythm & Flow - there's more to life than work. Take care of all that really matters.
Our accounting teams work together to become the outsourced accounting departments for several clients at a time. As an Accounting Specialist, you will perform various accounting tasks for our clients including:
- Bookkeeping and transaction recording
- Processing and payment of accounts payable invoices through bill.com
- Bank account, credit card account and general balance sheet account reconciliations
- Posting cash receipts and reconciling accounts receivable
- Processing payroll
- Maintaining supporting schedules for prepaids, accruals, fixed assets, etc
- Assisting with month-end and year-end close
- Preparing sales tax returns and year-end 1099’s
- Other ad-hoc projects as needed.
The successful candidate:
- Has extremely strong attention to detail
- Has Relentless problem-solving skills
- Knows when to ask for help
- Is adaptive and agile in changing situations
- Has the ability to think outside the box and find a better way
- Takes ownership of issues and follows problems through to resolution
- Ensures adherence to service procedures, policies and standards
- Has strong client-facing communication skills, both written and oral
- Has a Customer Service orientation
- A can-do attitude coupled with a love of teamwork and collaboration
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting Preferred
- Experience working with small privately-held, entrepreneurial companies as Staff or Senior Accountant
- Minimum 2 years accounting experience
- Advanced proficiency and solid knowledge of cloud-based, small-business accounting systems (Quickbooks, Bill.com, Xero, NetSuite, etc)
- Tools You'll Need:Internet Access, Printer, Phone, Quiet and Distraction-Free Environment conducive to phone calls and video meetings
- "Work Wherever" philosophy - independence, freedom and flexibility by working from your home office!!
- Full benefits including health and dental insurance
- Unlimited vacation!
- Safe-Harbor 401k Plan
- No busy season!!
- Fun, friendly, and collaborative culture that thrives on individual and team accountability
**NOTE: We are extremely dedicated to employee engagement and hiring for the long-term. To that end, our recruiting process includes 2 short assessments and an accounting test, the results of which will become part of your entire application.