Japanese Language Expert ??
Elevate Labs is on a mission to improve people’s minds.
The ability to write well and speak eloquently deeply affects your trajectory in life, regardless of profession. Unfortunately, many people leave high school and even college extremely unprepared in these areas. We developed our flagship mobile app, Elevate, to help bridge this gap, through 35+ games that teach concrete cognitive skills. Elevate has over 30 million downloads and has received numerous accolades, including Apple’s App of the Year award.
We’ve already localized Elevate into Spanish (Spain) and are planning in 2020 and beyond to localize it into Japanese and other languages.
The Elevate app was just the beginning. We’ve recently launched Balance, a personalized meditation app, that helps people with their stress, sleep, focus, and much more. It’s a truly customized experience that makes meditation more accessible to millions of people.
Join us in creating the future of products that help people live healthy, joyful, and productive lives.
About the Elevate Content team
The Content team at Elevate is responsible for creating outstanding interactive educational experiences, no matter the language. We bring the Elevate app to life through rigorously researched educational game content, data-driven user insights, and a bias toward action and continuous improvement.
We’re looking for an efficient and experienced Japanese language expert to help us determine how to approach localization for the Japanese market and to ensure that Elevate customers in Japan receive the same high-quality experience in Japanese that they already do in English.
You’ll work closely with the Japanese-language project leads and potential localization partners to develop a plan to localize our existing English content and to determine what new content may be required. You’ll help us hire Japanese language specialists for quality control review to ensure that all educational content in the Japanese edition meets our high standard of excellence in factual accuracy, educational rigor, and brand voice, and you’ll also help define and refine Elevate’s Japanese style guide.
Candidates must be available to start in May.
Note: This position is a temporary part-time OR contract position (approximately 40 to 60 hours of work total between May and the end of July, with the potential for continued work from August to December).
What you’ll do
- Review Elevate’s existing games and specs to help determine which games are the highest priority for localization in the Japanese market and what new content or specifications may be required
- Participate in meetings with and provide feedback on potential localization partners
- Develop and grade job tests for Japanese Language Reviewers who will review content to ensure it meets our educational standards
- Sample localized content from and provide feedback to localization partners and Elevate Labs content leads
- Collaborate on the development of Elevate’s Japanese style guide
What we’re looking for
- Several years of experience as a professor or lecturer in Japanese language instruction at the university level, particularly with an emphasis on pedagogical approaches
- Conceptual understanding of how students learn Japanese should be top-notch, specifically in the grammar and syntax
- Native fluency in Japanese and high fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills
- Extremely responsive and communicative
- Experience working with a distributed team (client is based in San Francisco with leads on Pacific and Central time; work will be primarily asynchronous, with occasional virtual meetings as needed)
- Quick learner with a bias to action
- Competency in Google Suite apps (Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.)
- PhD or Masters in Japanese or related field preferred
- Professional experience in the areas of communication, writing, and editing preferred
- Experience with localization projects preferred
- Experience working on educational apps or games preferred
At Elevate Labs we value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.