DISCO is the industry standard for managing, organising and sharing music and other media. We make music and media workflow fast, intuitive and simple, directly connecting people and their work to save time. Today we count UMG, Sony, Warner Music, Netflix, Amazon and Rockstar Games among our customers, and over 120,000 people interact with DISCO each month.
We’re growing fast, and have an opening for a technical product manager.The Opportunity
DISCO is on a mission to make music and media workflow as simple, fast and intuitive as possible. We’re a product- and design-led company with a rapidly expanding roadmap, so this Product Manager role is a key one.
We want someone passionate about what we’re doing, and about product management itself, who wants to work with our mostly remote team to build out our product and grow our business. The product you’ll be working on is something our users rely on every day, and are really passionate about. Your role will be to ensure our product anticipates our users’ needs and exceeds their expectations, helping them grow their businesses and become more efficient and productive, while ensuring each release helps the company achieve its broader aims.The Role
- You’ll help manage the roadmap: collecting and analysing feedback from a diverse set of sources, you’ll understand our customers’ needs and our business goals and opportunities, and prioritise the most important work so the team is always working on the most important projects
- You’ll dive deep into the various cohorts we serve, and come to understand their problems. You’ll do this through research, analytics and frequent interaction with customers
- You’ll articulate and outline those problems for the team, and work with our product team to design solutions
- You’ll work on fleshing these solutions out into specific releases, with an eye on shipping often and learning quickly
- You’ll take charge of measuring if the solutions are solving the problems, using both quantitative and qualitative measures, immediately after release and beyond
- You’ll help set up an analytics framework to optimise our first mile and onboarding process
- You’ll work to ensure the quality of the product, and focus on delivering high quality software in every release.
We’re a remote first team, with staff in Australia, UK, Poland, Spain, Russia, Estonia, and the US. We’re ideally looking for someone based in Los Angeles, to work alongside our LA team, but will consider remote for the right candidate. Please note we're currently only considering remote candidates based on the US west coast. Our product team is based in Australia, and at least 3 hours crossover with AEST business hours is required.
- 3+ years experience as a B2B product manager with a proven track record of delivering successful product releases and evaluating their impact and ROI
- Very strong analysis skills that help you define problems and create evidence based, persuasive cases for new features
- Demonstrated experience moving into an industry niche you weren’t familiar with beforehand, learning that world and successfully shipping product for it
- Very keen design eye. DISCO is design led, so it’s very important that you think deeply about product design decisions and always work to create simple, clean, intuitive UI
- Excellent communication skills. You’re able to clearly articulate product decisions and the reasoning behind them. You take care in your written communication, understanding the importance of concision and clarity in a team where almost half of the team don’t have English as a first language
- You have strong experience working with qualitative customer insights and quantitative customer data to inform decisions. You’ve conducted user research and a/b tests and are comfortable working in this space
- You’re strong technically, understand how code works and the tradeoffs between performance and functionality. You can confidently create technical specs and collaborate on them with developers
- You’re a self-starter, able to work independently
- You’re process driven and organised, and able to think both creatively and analytically.
We are a thoughtful, tight knit group. We’re big into cross-functional collaboration. We talk through results and share knowledge.
Benefits and culture:
• Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
• Regular compensation reviews
• 4-weeks time-off
• Health, vision, dental insurance
• Work how you want. We’re not heavy on rule books. Everyone is trusted to figure out the best way to work.
• Manage your own time, work remotely - we just ask that, if you’re LA based, you have regular face time with the LA team, and have at least a few hours crossover with Australian business hours year round.
Diversity and inclusion are very important to us. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.