At Ocean Blue, our values drive the way we work. Purposefully, our team is brought together from many individual backgrounds that we leverage to create and cultivate a dynamic culture where everyone's contributions are valued and encouraged. Every day, we come to work to build connections between our clients, their customers, and our community. To successfully do that we consistently look to align ourselves with those who also share that belief.
- Omotenashi, hospitality: we are committed to extraordinary service that exceeds the expectation of our clients and their customers.
- Furumai, professionalism: we take a deep pride in the work we do on behalf of our clients and uphold a high standard in all our efforts.
- Shitsurai, preparation: we pay attention to unseen details that make the biggest impact on the customer experience.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
Under management of the Director of Creative Services, the Copywriter provides copywriting services for a variety of marketing projects including, brand strategy, marketing collateral, and advertising campaigns, with the larger goal of creating a meaningful, integrated brand experience for our clients’ customers. This will be achieved by:
- Developing brand and campaign messaging through the direction from the Director of Creative Services
- Writing copy for a range of marketing and communications materials, including brochures, websites, e-blasts, video scripts, and advertising campaigns
- Revising copy based on internal and client feedback and direction
- Supporting the development of proposals for potential and current clients through developing compelling ideas and storytelling
Education and Experience
- A four (4) year college degree from an accredited institution or equivalent work experience
- At least eight (8) years of professional experience, with proven proficiencies in branding, marketing, and copywriting, preferably in an agency setting
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate and present conceptual ideas management
- Proven ability to craft copy for elevated brands and campaigns
- Demonstrated ability for time management and ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Collaborative working style suited to a small and agile team
- Detail-oriented and organized, but able to stay focused on high-priority goals
- Proactive and creative problem solver
This position is based Honolulu, Hawaii and may require domestic and international travel, as necessary. At this time, applicants from any other locations will not be accepted unless otherwise noted. This position does not qualify for relocation assistance.
Compensation and Benefits
Ocean Blue offers a competitive salary based on the organization’s compensation philosophy, which is driven by market data, and supported by individual skills and qualifications. We also offer a comprehensive health and welfare benefits package. This is a full-time "at-will" position and may require working outside of traditional hours, which may include after hours or on weekends and holidays.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to [email protected] or apply through our LinkedIn Jobspage. Support an eco-friendly environment, please no paper copies.
Ocean Blue is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and we encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We will accept and review applications on a rolling basis. Although all applications will be considered, we may be unable to respond to all inquiries.Show moreShow less