About Dennis Uniform
Since 1920 DENNIS Uniform has been a pioneer in the uniform industry both as a manufacturer and as a retailer. Currently DENNIS operates over thirty eight retail stores, has a talented “field sales” team, offers a commerce-enabled website, and has a national call center to help serve its thousands of school uniform and corporate apparel customers. DENNIS Uniform Manufacturing is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Our Brand Promise: DENNIS makes school uniforms easy.
Our Mission: To make it easy for schools to design and maintain best-in-class uniform programs that meet their goals and values, while providing families with seamless shopping experiences for high quality and comfortable uniform products that students deserve.
Our Core Values: Simplicity, Trust, Focus, Reliability, Leadership.
This position will report to the VP of E-Commerce and Marketing. The copywriter will develop and drive print and digital content reflecting our brand voice for all marketing materials across e-commerce, print, and retail platforms.
- Generate effective and compelling B2B and B2C digital content across platforms for a variety of marketing and promotional campaigns
- Develop and maintain a clear and consistent brand voice
- Produce error-free content that adheres to company’s style guidelines
- Interpret creative direction and adapt points from creative briefs into persuasive copy concepts
- Collaborate with Marketing, E-commerce, and Sales to help generate creative ideas and develop messaging for marketing initiatives that support business objectives
- Utilize best practices for SEO, email messaging, subject lines, CTAs, etc
- Develop specific messaging for various target audiences
- Write for social media and use best practices for developing social content specific to channel
- Partner with other areas across the organization to ensure accuracy and the fulfillment of cross-functional needs.
- Must be able to balance different points of view with creative and insightful solutions
- Contributing to and adhering to editorial calendar development for marketing
- Effective written communication skills
- Strong grammar: AP Style Guide knowledge preferred
- Experience with web markup language and SEO
- Excellent computer skills; comfortable with Zoom.
- Self-motivated team player, organized and detail-oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to distinguish between critical message points and secondary information
Education and Experience
- Two years professional copywriting required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in marketing, journalism, or communications
- Proficiency in Office 365 and Teams
- Experience and/or knowledge of primary and secondary education industry a plus
- Flexible work: in-office and remote
- Extensive computer work
This description is based on management's assessment of the requirements and functions of the job of the date this description was prepared. It is a general guideline for managers and colleagues, but it does not purport to be an exhaustive list of all the elements of the job. Management reserves the right on a temporary or indefinite basis to meet production, scheduling or staffing needs.
Job Type: Full-time
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Work from home
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Monday to Friday
- Waiting period may apply
- Temporarily due to COVID-19