Privacy Hero is seeking a full time embedded Linux software engineer to join our virtual engineering team, based in Canada.
The Privacy Hero Adapter is a Linux based adapter that encrypts Internet traffic from/to a home network. We spend most of our time working with networking, DNS, VPN and firewalls.
We believe there is a new category where privacy, security and network management are separated from a router in the classic networking setup.
Basic information on our service can be found on our website, privacyhero.com
A successful candidate will be primarily working as an embedded software developer as part of our engineering team. They will be actively involved in analyzing and estimating new requirements during planning sessions. During two-week sprints, they will be responsible for completing estimated work to be in production-ready state.
This position is a good fit if you are:
- A self-starter who can manage multiple ongoing tasks
- Independent, but also effectively work as a member of a team
- Adapt to changes easily
- Enjoy working remotely
- Into moving quickly and breaking things (responsibly)
- Decidedly un-corporate
- A small team of experienced engineers
- Startup culture
- Slack centred - no email
- Thinking outside the box (what box? ;))
- Flexible with hours
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Strong background with TCP/IP networking on Linux
- Strong background in Go & Python
- Experience using OpenWRT, DD-WRT or OpenEmbedded frameworks and build systems
- Demonstrated ability to work in a primarily virtual team environment (Slack, GitHub, Zoom)
- Effective and confident decision making and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Position is remote (work from home).