VP of Legal Operations
NS8 is looking to hire an experienced technology lawyer interested in working in a fast-paced, constantly changing, venture-backed business with experience across the legal spectrum. This is a unique opportunity for an attorney to build and support a legal department that addresses matters across sales and marketing, regulatory compliance, M&A, international expansion, employment law, and legal strategy. This attorney will join the legal team and will be expected to roll up their sleeves across various aspects of the organization, oversee key deals and relationships with outside counsel. Experience with technology and employment law issues a plus along with genuine interest in working with a high-growth and well-funded startup. NS8 is a company that prides itself on operating intelligently while growing domestically and internationally at a significant pace, and this is a great opportunity for an attorney to join the legal team, working each day to achieve these goals.
What you will do:
- Manage a high performing outside Legal team, in collaboration with the Chief Legal Officer, that aligns with the needs of a rapidly scaling global organization. Including being part of an administrative team to empower a results-based compliance function to match the scale of our business
- Review and evaluate potential acquisition and investment transactions, perform due diligence reviews, structure transactions, draft, review, and negotiate acquisition agreements, and assist with post-closing integration. We are closely involved in all aspects of the transaction, including structuring, drafting, negotiating, and integrating deals to our broader business
- Negotiate and draft master subscription services agreements, sales contracts and other commercial agreements with customers in support of sales and business development efforts
- Assist with regulatory and compliance matters including GDPR, CCPA, and craft compliance-related policies and advice on regulatory issues related to vendors, products, sales and marketing
- Manage corporate governance and administration for NS8 Inc and its domestic and international subsidiaries, including preparation of Board of Director materials and corporate resolutions, managing local filings, and administration of corporate records
- Provide guidance to the human resources team on employment matters and collaborate on various employment agreements. Research and writing skills are key as NS8 operates in over 30 states
- Partner with Finance and Human Resources team for initiatives related to legal entities, tax structures, real estate, employment, and employee benefits
- Develop strong relationships across the company by bringing a legal perspective to cross-functional teams, including finance, marketing, sales, engineering, and corporate development
- Produce thought leadership content (both company and investor facing) on how to produce and review online investor documents
- Structure, draft, and negotiate partner agreements in collaboration with the channels and alliances team and provide legal oversight to general processes
- J.D. from an accredited university
- Membership in at least one state bar. CA, NV, and FL a plus
- 5+ years of experience practicing law in a law firm or in-house technology company setting
- Experience in and/or knowledge of technology and respective industries including SaaS, ecommerce, data privacy, analytics and intellectual property
- Experience with employment law issues
- Ability to develop and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with internal clients, including senior sales leadership
- Experience in negotiating and drafting technology agreements, including experience supporting quota-carrying, enterprise level sales teams
- Experience working independently from a regional headquarters location
- Highly responsive and customer service-oriented attitude
- Team spirit and positive collaborative approach
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey legal advice clearly and effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with employees at all levels
- High energy level and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail in a high-pressure environment
- Ability and openness to learn new things
Founded in 2016, NS8 began with the goal of empowering businesses to better fight the growing epidemic of online fraud. Our software combines advertising protection, order protection, and global monitoring into a single solution that safeguards merchants against ever-evolving digital threats.
Born from data orchestration and early-stage detection, NS8’s fast and accurate risk-scoring technology provides better insight into real customers and allows businesses to filter out malicious activity before it starts.
NS8 headquarters is located in Las Vegas, with regional offices in Miami, the San Francisco Bay Area, Amsterdam, Singapore, and Melbourne, Australia.Benefits we provide:
- Competitive salaries
- Laid-back office environment with casual attire
- Occasional catered lunches, plus kitchen stocked daily with drinks and snacks
- Paid time off—holidays, vacation and volunteering days
- Employer-paid health insurance package
- Voluntary life and AD&D insurance
- Work-from-home days
- Paid sick time
We hope you’ll share the same passion we have in growing our solution, but we know that it’s not always about work. Maintaining a healthy work-life balance through flexible work hours, healthcare benefits, paid time off and a relaxing work environment gives you time to focus on the things you care about most.
We’re growing quickly, and there are plenty of opportunities to learn and grow with us. You’ll have the freedom to make a real difference and the chance to work with some of the best in the business.
- This is largely a sedentary role. Must be able to remain in a stationary position for a long period of time.
- Must be capable of bending and kneeling, reaching and lifting, and squatting for short periods of time.
- Some domestic and international traveling may be required
NS8 Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.