Territory Foods - Director of Growth Marketing - Remote
Job DescriptionRole Overview
Territory is hiring a Director of Growth Marketing to drive customer acquisition and retention strategies across our multi-local footprint. You will partner closely with cross-functional teams such as Operations, Finance, Marketing, Sales & Technology teams to ensure cohesiveness across our growth channels.
We're a platform for the next generation of wellness, focused on the hardest problem -- personalized nutrition. We sell fresh food for Food Tribes (representing 39% of the U.S. population, including whole30, gluten-free, paleo, ketogenic, vegan, and vegetarian).
We're direct-to-consumer ecommerce with differentiated distribution, blending direct to home delivery with partnership with leading fitness outlets for local pickup locations (including yoga, cycling and CrossFit studios as well as boutique and high-end health clubs).
We lead with purpose and intention, just like our customers. We're operating in four markets (DC/NY, DFW, SoCal and the Bay Area) and expanding. In each, we work with amazing chefs using responsibly-sourced ingredients to create healthy meals that our customers rely on to undergird their health & wellness goals.
As a key business leader on the Marketing team, you will be responsible for deeply understanding the lifecycle of Territory customers and leveraging insights to build a data-driven strategy to scale acquisition and maximize customer retention. This role will manage a team across digital acquisition, email and retention.
- Create and implement strategies for performance-based acquisition through paid digital, retargeting, display, video, SEO/SEM and other channels to accelerate growth
- Lead strategy for + manage & optimize ad spend on customer acquisition channels to increase leads, users and engagement
- Oversee the management of a personalized customer lifecycle program using segmentation and data science to meet retention rate, conversion rate, and revenue goals
- Define and report metrics and effectiveness of digital marketing efforts to senior leadership and stakeholders while making recommendations for improvements
- Develop hypotheses and perform multivariate testing to recommend optimizations across channels
- Maintain a data-driven approach through continual experimentation and optimization to exceed aggressive company goals; with the daily evaluation of critical KPI's (CAC, LTV, CPC, AOV and conversions).
- Research, evaluate and deploy growth opportunities, prioritize projects and maximize the value of our investments in order to drive impact for our brand.
- Partner with the Content team to ensure all elements of marketing are within brand guidelines and optimized for each channel
- Mentor, manage, and work cross-functionally with the team to develop and execute overall marketing direction and messaging for product launches, content, collateral, and go-to-market campaign strategy to increase revenue and reach across all channels
- Be the end-to-end growth marketing owner which includes tracking, measurement, attribution, optimization, reporting and automation.
Your Mindset & Experience
At the root of it, you're a smart, thoughtful strategic leader looking for levers of success for the business. You want to be part of a high-growth enterprise that's trying to make a significant difference in the world where you can play a key role.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors or Masters Degree
- 7-10 years of experience driving exponential growth in the D2C space
- Proven track record diversifying acquisition channels and using a data-driven approach to convert customers
- Experience creating high-quality relationships with customers
- A meticulous eye for detail and optimizing every step of the customer journey
- Experience in multi-local markets and segmentation-based customer targeting strategies
- Experience with CRM and email retention marketing.
- Experience working with and leading remote teams
This is a 100% remote position with the ability to travel approximately 1x per month
We're a mission-driven bunch - motivated to both make great eating crazy simple, delicious and life-changing. We care a lot about health and wellness so we're foodies and fitness fanatics who are passionate about growing our business.
We try to reflect that mission in how we work:
- We are a distributed, remote team with team members all over the country. We live on Slack.
- We're all about creating a culture of individuals that hold themselves to a very high standard and get great satisfaction from doing excellent work.
- We offer competitive compensation & benefits including health, dental & vision insurance and 401k. Benefits also include food and fitness reimbursement.
- We believe at our core that the most important thing for anyone is to do challenging work that you're naturally drawn to with a team you dig in order to make a meaningful difference in the world.