Design Lead/Senior Designer
Storied is a strategic messaging firm. We help leaders and teams build the future through the power of storytelling—with a specialty in telling the story of innovation and disruption. Our clients are typically heads of product, design, and marketing in Silicon Valley and Fortune 500s, and include the likes of Facebook, Google and Uber. As trusted advisors and experienced facilitators, we demystify the complex and support leaders on the journey of business transformation. Since 2002, our advisory and training work has been delivered to thousands of leaders across 34 industries and 16 countries. In the midst of COVID-19, we are experiencing more demand than ever, as everyone needs a new story.
A full-time Design Lead/Senior Designer who will build design as a capability inside Storied. This is an exciting fast growth role that gives you the opportunity to work directly with clients plus serve the internal design needs of our company. You’ll solve for design solutions and people problems faced by some of the most iconic companies in the world ー our clients are mostly heads of product, design, and marketing who are building the future. We craft the narratives that bring their vision, strategy, and roadmap to life. And we build go to market messaging and positioning that differentiates their offerings in the marketplace. You are well versed in the world of tech/innovation/communications/B2B complex solutions. This is an ambitious role, you’ll be expected to roll up your sleeves and do the work, though you’ll have technical, creative, and business partners to climb with.
Ultimately, this role will take ownership for many work streams, including but limited to:
- Presentation design for clients — bringing to life their strategic narratives in decks and briefs
- Art direction at strategic conceptual level for all design-related projects
- Visual design of sales enablement materials - pitch decks, proposals, case studies, white papers
- Design system and templates for all process deliverables
- Design system for Storied brand/marketing/content
- Digital design and UX for our website, landing pages, and other web media
- Human-centered design for user understanding, customer understanding, and client solutions
- Visual design for our Storied OS curriculum/templates/lessons/etc
- Visual and information design for mental models/frameworks/articles/content
- Visual design for social content via LI, FB, e-newsletter, video, etc
Skills and Qualities:
- You have 5+ years experience in visual design, presentation design, information design, digital marketing, human-centered design, and professional services
- You excel at big concept thinking, detailed craft, and bringing stories to life through visual solutions.
- You self-identify as systems-thinker ー who loves translating the complex into the simple.
- Ability to be widely-versed designer and effectively work across disciplines and functions.
- Ability to communicate and collaborative effectively with clients.
- Ability to create designs that are artistically interesting and appealing to clients.
- Experience in B2B/software/tech preferred over consumer advertising/entertainment
- Flexibility and creativity to draw outside the lines ー artistry with relevance
- Passionate about the ways that design can shape perception, meaning, and behavior.
- Excellent time management skills. You ship often and regularly.
- You can follow and support the industry's best practices.
- You are based in North America time zone / west coast
- Preference given to candidates based in (1) Los Angeles (first) (2) SF, and (3) Seattle