English Pedagogy Expert
Duolingo is looking for an ESL/EFL expert who has experience teaching English to speakers of Spanish and developing language learning curricula (and has advanced proficiency in Latin American Spanish). This is a temporary freelance position (no benefits included). All work will be conducted remotely and hours are flexible.
- Use your pedagogical expertise to help develop English course content
- Review course content created by others
- Provide guidance on tailoring the curriculum to Spanish-speaking learners
- Help define project details, set timeframes, and coordinate project activities
- Experience teaching English to Spanish speakers
- Experience creating or editing language learning material/curricula
- Advanced proficiency in Latin American Spanish
- Basic computer skills (Google docs, spreadsheets)
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work 15-20 hours a week
Duolingo is the world’s largest online language learning platform, with over 300 million users. Our apps were selected by Apple as “iPhone App of the Year” and by “Google as Best of the Best for Android”, 2 years in a row. Unlike other online education platforms, Duolingo is a completely digital experience meaning it requires constant interaction and is native to computers / mobile platforms.
We’re funded by some of the world’s most prestigious venture capital firms, the investors behind Google, Twitter, and Tumblr. Duolingo is a spinoff from Carnegie Mellon University’s School of Computer Science. Luis von Ahn, co-founder and CEO of Duolingo, is a MacArthur fellow, Carnegie Mellon University professor, and the inventor of CAPTCHA.