High School Science Teacher
We are looking for experienced high school teachers, who would like to take on additional part-time work. Teaching would be scheduled in the mornings or evenings. All courses are online and will be taught remotely.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Teaching experience in grades 9-12
- Science subjects: Biology, Physics or Chemistry
- Ability to teach advanced high school and AP-level courses
- We are an online school, and you will teach from home. You should be comfortable with online classroom environments
- Prior experience working with international students is a plus
- Develop and implement lesson plans and classroom activities aligned with Common Core Standards.
- Maintain accurate student records including attendance.
- Assign, grade and provide appropriate and effective feedback on student work. Observe and evaluate student performance and development.
- Identify unique student needs and collaborate with team members to effectively address those needs.
- Maximize instructional time by adhering to schedules, procedures, and routines that foster academic achievement. Create and maintain a classroom culture that is welcoming.
- Requires an undergraduate degree in the field of study; a master's degree is a plus. Those with a PhD and college teaching experience are welcome and encouraged to apply.
- A formal high school teaching credential is a plus, but not required
- Prefer 3-5 years of relevant classroom teaching experience in the subject matter, prior AP teaching experience (or relevant college-level teaching experience) is a must.
- Ability to develop, curate and deliver courses in the school's curriculum, including coursework related to Advanced Placement courses.
- Ability to differentiate instruction to meet the needs of students with diverse learning profiles.
- Understanding the developmental needs of students and how they learn best.
Location: Online teaching/Remote
Hours: 8-20 hours per week depending on availability, outside school hours. Weekend work may be required
Work authorization: United States (Required)
Class size: one-on-one or small group sessions