Senior Product Manager (Integrations)
Harvest is an independent software company that makes tools to help businesses run more smoothly. We believe that businesses only succeed by using their time intentionally. Our products support our customers through time tracking, reporting, and forecasting features.
Harvest started in 2006 as a team of three and has grown to today’s current total of just over. We’ve worked as a remote team since the beginning and we continue to hire the right people for the job no matter where they call home.
We also strive to create a workplace culture where everyone feels valued, included, and heard. One important aspect of this is continuing to create spaces for diverse life experiences and work histories. If you are a member of a group that is historically underrepresented and disadvantaged in tech, business, and society in general, we want to meet you and we encourage you to apply.
The Product Team and Why We’re Hiring
The Harvest Product Team currently consists of the Head of Product & Customer Experience (who will be the direct manager for this position), two Product Managers, and two Product Designers. This Team works very closely with our Customer Experience team.
This role will be an expansion position and will report directly to the Head of Product & Customer Experience. We are looking for the right candidate to be a leader within product and assume the responsibility of relationship management with integration companies.
Senior Product Manager (Integration) Responsibilities
As a Senior Product Manager, Integration, you are responsible for managing Harvest integrations within the environment of our partners’ domain and vice versa. Harvest believes that our product is most useful when it is compatible with our customers’ many workflows. You may be working with partners in the productivity space, creative tools, as well as finance, HR, and back office. You’ll own the relationship with various partners, manage expectations, coordinate marketing efforts, set and achieve outcomes for the work within your domain. You’ll have broad latitude to help shape product partnership strategy, developer community strategy, and API related work. You’ll work closely with our cross-functional team and partners to create meaningful impact for our customers. You’ll report to our Head of Product and Customer Experience.
What You'll Do:
- Own Integration roadmap, backlog, and OKRs, including but not limited to a thoughtful matrix of partnership opportunity across all of Harvest’s product offerings.
- Oversee all Integration projects end to end with the partners’ team as well as internal design + development team.
- Set a vision for excellence for your domain space, be able to back that vision up with solid research and analyses, and actualize them.
- Evangelize/be the voice of partners platform on behalf of Harvest in the public domain.
- Occasionally create mock-ups, UI elements, or audit design work as needed.
- Communicate progress and updates succinctly with the executive team and the company at large.
Who You Are:
- You live and breathe the technology landscape. Perhaps you are an active member of Product Hunt or an avid follower of tech news from start-up to enterprise.
- You are technically savvy. While you don’t have to write any code yourself, you understand APIs, oAuth, and front-end tech stack very well. Bonus point if you can do light-lifting UX as well.
- You have some exposure to business development work, formally or informally.
- You are organized. You manage your time well and can rally teams to work under occasional tight deadlines.
- You have a knack for public speaking, and either have spoken at conferences or are comfortable representing Harvest at tech conferences.
- You are okay with minimal work travels (~10%).
- You like small teams. You want to get to know people by name, and you’re not shy about starting something from scratch.
- You value a distributed and diverse work culture. Working side-by-side with co-workers from around the world is something you cherish.
- You value design excellence and craftsmanship over growth-for-growth's-sake.
- You embrace a challenge, persist in the face of setbacks, understand give-take priorities, champion open disagree-and-commit dialogs, and are inspired by the success of others.
- You are self-directed, curious, and patient. You enjoy working independently without much supervision.
What You’ve Done:
- 8+ years experience in Product Management, preferably with a focus on product partnership, integration, or developer community tracks.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking. Able to use data and research to inform decisions and inspire new avenues for exploration.
- Expertise in project management.
- Strong interest in dabbling with design and UX.
- Able to represent Harvest well in external meetings and at conferences.
- Have experience working with a distributed team, whether it is yours or client/partners.
This position requires a four-hour overlap with 8am - 5pm ET.