Brand Partnerships Manager (Pocket)
At Pocket, we love what we do, but more importantly, we are building something that millions of people love, too. Pocket’s content platform has become crucial to how people discover and consume content worthy of their time and attention. Nearly 30 million people have saved more than 3 billion articles and videos to Pocket to-date.
If you are passionate about using technology to improve people’s lives, we believe Pocket has challenges in front of us that will excite you. We’re hoping you’ll be ready to jump in and get into the details, too. We’re a small team that has the resources of a large company (Pocket was acquired by Mozilla in 2017) and that means lots of opportunities to grow, to help drive new product and go-to-market strategies and to make a tremendous impact daily.
Pocket is seeking an intelligent, self-motivated, and inventive individual in the SF/Bay area ready to roll up their sleeves, think creatively, and get creative with branded partnerships and native ad campaigns. The Brand Partnership Manager will help take our growing sales efforts to a new level by leveraging agency and/or brand connections as well as developing new relationships by introducing Pocket to a wide array of brands.
You should have a consistent track record of building new business opportunities through prior inside sales, account management, or media agency experience. This is a fabulous opportunity for an individual seeking an outside sales Maternity Fill-in role within an innovative, growing, and multifaceted organization.
What you’ll do, besides have fun:
- Actively prospect for new clients and opportunities across Advertising Agencies, Fortune 1000, mid-market companies, and Direct to Consumer brands by working tirelessly to understand their marketing goals and developing tailored campaigns without jeopardizing the quality of Pocket’s voice and brand.
- Own the full sales cycle – Includes researching, prospecting, outreach, pitching, negotiating, and closing deals across our entire suite of ad products.
- Ability to lead an RFP process, creating tailored partner proposals that include: Native digital content, custom newsletter sponsorships, and more.
- Develop and maintain a strong sales pipeline to ensure sufficient opportunities exist to meet revenue goals.
- Forecast, track and report on your sales performance, meeting quarterly targets set by management by keeping up-to-date and detailed records of sales activity through our CRM solution.
- Present client feedback to Pocket product and marketing teams and work to develop new sales offerings to meet client goals.
- Service existing clients in the territory to ensure satisfactory customer service is met
Skills and Experience:
- 1-3 years of digital or integrated media sale or agency experience with knowledge of online media planning terms and processes
- Self-starter that is extremely organized with strong time management skills
- New business expert, managing a high volume of calls and meetings per week
- Have a strategic, consultative sales approach with the ability to understand client needs
- Create meaningful solutions, set proper expectations and close deals of all sizes
- Exceptional writing and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- BONUS – You’ve done Maternity Fill-in before