Senior Front-End Engineer
Privacy & security engineers at Mozilla are a vanguard for privacy & security on the internet. We embody the Mozilla manifesto principle that individuals’ privacy & security are fundamental and must not be treated as optional.
Firefox Front-End Engineers on the privacy & security engineering team build and maintain most user-facing features that protect the users of our flagship product, the Firefox browser. We work closely with platform engineers and designers in a multi-functional team that is passionate about delivering easy-to-use tools for privacy & security as well as strong default protections. Our projects include the new Enhanced Tracking Protection, the Security & Certificate UI, Web Permissions, and more.
We are a small team with a huge impact that truly cares about protecting our users and the web as a global resource. We are maintainers of a platform and part of a worldwide community. We need your help to keep our mission alive.
- Work alongside other engineers of various specialties, UX Designers, Product Managers, User Researchers to develop innovative security features.
- Build solid, efficient and well-tested engineering solutions to complex problems that directly impact user security & privacy.
- Motivate yourself and manage your time to work well without close supervision.
- Proactively communicate with your team members to give and receive help and convey your progress.
- Gracefully give, receive and act on feedback and code reviews.
- Interact with the Mozilla community to triage bug reports and help out volunteer contributors.
Job Skill Requirements
- An interest in web security and a desire to get familiar with all the technologies that make websites and browsers secure.
- Experience with version control systems (git or hg)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with peers, management, and other teams
- Passion, drive, determination and a demeanor that encourages and elicits collaboration
- Ability to work productively with a geographically distributed team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Knowledge of web security fundamentals, such as mixed content, CSP or web permissions
- Experience with C++ or C
- Experience with open source software projects and communities
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us and become part of our mission to promote openness, innovation and opportunity online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.