Headgum is searching for a Sales & Marketing Intern. The Sales Intern is primarily responsible for assisting our Sales Team with lead generation, sales research, media planning, pitching and advertising operations. This is a unique opportunity to gain valuable, real working experience at a tech and media startup and to contribute to the success of the Sales Team. This opportunity is a 3-month paid internship, reporting directly to our Lead Sales Representative, and may lead to ongoing employment opportunities in the future. This is a hands on role that will have a tangible impact on the direction of the company.
This is a part-time fully-remote, hourly, paid internship for 3 months. Our offices are based in NYC and LA.
- Participate in training to learn the ins and outs of media advertising.
- Assist with prospecting and lead generation.
- Create media plans and presentations to pitch to potential clients.
- Compose and send company newsletters and updates to existing clients.
- Research contacts and companies ahead of client calls.
- Identify trends and opportunities in the media and podcasting landscape.
- Assist with company initiatives as needed.
- Passionate about podcasting, startups, & technology
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for learning and research
- Comfortable with excel and creating organized spreadsheets
- Comfortable with powerpoint or google slides and creating attractive presentations
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies; Interest and experience in using technology and the Internet to improve work efficiency
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced start-up environment