Brinks Home Security™ is a proven leader in the smart home technology and residential security industries, providing cutting-edge products and alarm monitoring services to nearly one million customers throughout North America. We are currently seeking a motivated and dynamic Copywriter.
Our brand promise delivers on 4 core principles:
- Integrity in Action: Be True, Be Responsive, Be Accountable
- Sense of Urgency: Every Moment Matters
- Relentless Discipline: Rigor, Precision, and Excellence in Every Single Action
- Results Matter: Accountable to Customers, Employees, & Stakeholders
This position will report to the PR and Communications team, supporting the marketing department, key internal stakeholders, and external partners, in the development, integration, and implementation of a full range of material to effectively support Brinks Home Security’s strategic objectives and convey the mission of the company and its leadership to diverse audiences. We are looking for a copywriter that is capable of handling B2B, B2C, social media, and corporate communication asks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for helping to concept and write communications plans that support departmental strategies and initiatives.
- Responsible for helping to maintain active lists of approved messaging, by channel, for the marketing team and entire organization.
- Propose copy for a variety of mediums that supports the overall success and integrity of the brand voice guidelines, language consistency and spelling/grammar accuracy for employee, public, partner, and customer-facing communications.
- Able to work with internal and external stakeholders to identify key messaging needed for strategic channel communications.
- Familiar with long- and short-form content, whitepapers, blog posts, SEO-friendly writing, for both B2B audiences as well as B2C.
- Strong self-editing skills, and ability to edit as needed on additional written work.
- Quickly learn and execute work using a consistent brand voice.
- Able to leverage and elevate brand voice as opportunity arises, across channels.
- Able to write consistently across channels, including dealer, agent, representative, internal employee, executive, and customer-facing materials.
- Editing/refreshing existing marketing materials to ensure adherence to any brand, messaging, or product changes.
- Able to write a cohesive campaign with multiple touchpoints including print, digital, social media, and email.
- 4+ years or more of progressively more responsible communications experience, preferably in technology, customer service, telecom, or a security-related field.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in communications, journalism, public relations, or English.
- Experience with multiple styles of writing, including print (direct mail, flyers, etc.), digital (website banners, digital ads, website copy), email (Hubspot, Pardot, B2B and B2C-facing), newsletters, internal corporate communications, and longform content articles (SEO blog posts, whitepapers).
- Able to explain highly technical concepts in customer-facing language using benefit statements, value props, and conversational vocabulary.
- Solid proofreading and editing skills.
- Familiar with both AP style and conventional grammar.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office (specifically Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint), as well as familiarity editing, and proofing Adobe PDFs required.
- Ability to clearly articulate rationale and positioning to stakeholders, including executives and external partners.
- Advanced experience, or willingness to quickly learn, tracking software, project management platforms such as Jira, and email systems (Pardot, Hubspot) a plus.
- Experience writing digital-first content is a plus.
- Experience concepting, researching, and writing SEO content articles and blog posts a plus.
- Experience with social media is a plus.
- Spanish proficiency (written and spoken) a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- One location
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift
- Temporarily due to COVID-19