Illustrator - Freelancer (~40hrs/week)
?Remote - Pay: 10-13 USD/hr
Design is one of the most important values that we offer as a company to our content creators. We are capturing their characters in a moment of time that not only excites the creator but also excites the fans. To get us there, we're looking for a remarkable illustrator who can bring various intellectual properties to life through our own unique Makeship style. We're building a world-class team of illustrators around the world that will work closely with HQ to develop incredible designs.
Why this role?
- Have a massive impact on the company. Even though we're growing fast, we're still a small team, and your contribution to design will be noticed right away. Your own unique style will inform how we design our products and packaging for years to come.
- Develop industry knowledge about product creation. This role doesn't only stretch your design skills to the limit, it also challenges you to think about how others view your design in order to bring it to life through a physical product. Learn how plush toys, figures, apparel and other products are made.
- Join us at an epic time. We're a profitable company and we've worked with 40 creators. We are planning to work with over 200 this year. This is the time to experience exponential personal and career growth.
About This Role
So, what will you do at Makeship as an illustrator?
- Design plush toys from scratch. Quickly develop knowledge on fabric colours and industry standards so that you can create effective designs understood by our team in China.
- Interpret how real people should look like as physical products such as plush toys. Stay on brand and creative.
- Create various design collateral such as banners, icons, social media assets and anything that the team needs to make their job more effective.
- Develop how our unique Makeship style works and acts on the web, in packaging and as products.
- Constantly learn from our creator feedback and product development team feedback in order to implement better design practices.
This might be for you if...
- You have at least 3-5 years of illustration experience, ideally producing character designs.
- You're a masterful communicator, able to draw people in and enhance understanding through design and written language.
- You have intense attention to detail in your designs and how you describe them to the rest of the team.
- You're a bit of a perfectionist. You want designs to come out just right. Even when the whole team tells you something looks great, you're figuring out ways to improve.
- Bonus: you're funny and can get it on with internet lingo. That always helps in the creator industry.