Android Software Engineer
Remote Friendly! You can work close to where you love to live and still be a key part of Lime.
Lime is a smart-mobility provider that offers cities an array of mobility products including Lime-E e-assist bicycles and Lime-S electric scooters. Lime aims to revolutionize mobility in cities and campuses by empowering residents with cleaner, more efficient, and affordable transportation options that improve urban sustainability. As an Android engineer at Lime, you will take charge of core development efforts for our consumer-facing Android app. We’re launching our service quickly across the world, and you will be responsible for making sure our app is beautiful, easy-to-use, and can scale to millions of happy users. You’ll be working alongside a group of full-stack engineers, designers, and PMs with experience building consumer apps at companies like Facebook, Twitter, Uber, and Square.
What you’ll do
- Cut UI to spec, and UX to imagination
- Be flexible, quickly iterating on features while collaborating with Product, Design, Marketing, and other functions
- Build Product Features with a focus on experimentation and analytics
- Think holistically about the development process while constantly taking charge to improve its speed and reliability
- Interface with our backend API, making proactive decisions about our database models
- Guide major releases and monitor for app crashes and regressions
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical background
- 2+ years experience in the industry on Android development, via internships or full-time positions
- Experience writing code with testing and design patterns that can be scaled and maintained
- Experience with modern Android libraries like RxJava, Dagger2, Retrofit, and Android Jetpack
We here at Lime strive to build a workforce comprised of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help us to grow, not only as a company, but also as individuals. Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer