Senior HR Business Partner
60,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information. We’re a kind, curious, and customer-focused team on a mission to build the world’s most-loved password manager and give people more control over their data.
1Password is nothing without the people who build, design, and support it. When it comes to our people, we embrace the unconventional, are hands-on, and support everyone to succeed. From introducing them to the company, helping them to grow in their role, and supporting them to accomplish their next big thing, the People team is here to guide their journey.
As a Senior HR Business Partner, you’ll be the dedicated contact for certain teams within the company, advising on performance management and career planning, making sure people feel heard, and taking action with what you’ve learned. You’ll also help team leads and managers get more comfortable and confident in their roles, and work closely with leadership to provide a regular “health report” of the culture.
If you’re someone who loves being the bridge between teams, their people, and leadership, this is the role for you!
What we’re looking for
- A strong EQ with an affinity for building relationships at the company.
- A background as a HRBP and/or HR Generalist: broad experience in managing a variety of employee relations situations, strong knowledge of current processes, trends, and compliance practices in Canada and the US. Experience at a software/technology company preferred.
- Acute listening skills: People often compliment how great you are at listening and how they love your approach to tackling difficult situations.
- Communication skills that adapt: You can handle difficult situations and conversations with poise and professionalism, while retaining human touches. A lot of communication here happens in Slack as well, so emojis are our best friend 🤗
- Self-starting, self-driven: You’ll be helping build the team from the ground up, so you need to be comfortable with working independently and asking for support when you need it.
- A strong level of ownership, confidentiality, attention to detail, and a knack for organizing processes using all three.
- A penchant for documentation and readiness to help others learn from your past experience.
- Experience with benefits administration is a plus!
What you can expect in Month 1
- Meet people you’ll be working with, from team leads and hiring managers to recruiters, getting to know our culture along the way.
- Assist the team with the roll out of our new HRIS system.
- Read our team’s documentation, improving it as you go: The team is in its early stages so there are plenty of blind spots you’ll be finding and patching.
What you can expect in Month 2
- Understand the current performance and the career aspirations of your teams
- Work with others on the team to design, draft, and implement global compensation, benefits, and other employee programs, then educate the team that you’re dedicated to.
- Shadow the talent team and team leads on screening calls and interviews, learning what they each of them look for and making hiring more seamless.
- Support team leads and team members throughout their experience here, from onboarding to coaching to managing performance improvement plans.
What you can expect in Month 3
- You’re well informed on the existing programs and can answer employee questions and point people to the right resource to learn more.
- Assist with driving engagement initiatives and culture programs, promoting a learning-focused culture where people are encouraged to continue growing, try new things, and learn from their mistakes.
- Continue building a network within the company, meeting new people often and hearing their perspectives on working here.
- Keep open communication channels with team leads and team members, using their feedback to improve your team and others within the company.