linkedin.com sales-marketing social media internship

Social Media Internship


Tallo Social Media Internship - Remote



Tallo is looking for a social media intern to help shape our online presence and voice. You don’t need a lot of experience, but you do need creativity, passion, and drive. You’ll work with the Tallo Marketing and Brand team to strategize, create, and analyze across multiple social media channels. You’ll learn, work hard, gain experience, and get paid. Oh, and did we mention that you’d get to work for a cool tech company that’s making a difference in the world?

Tallo is an online platform that connects talent (e.g., you) with opportunities (e.g., colleges, companies, and organizations who want to pay you for being awesome). Go to tallo.com to learn more.



Location: Remote or in Charleston, SC



Duration: August 1, 2020- December 19, 2020 (flexible)



Hours: 40 a week, Monday - Friday



Responsibilities:



Here’s a list of things you might work on. Maybe you’ll work on all of them, maybe you won’t. If any of these responsibilities sound like something you’re interested in, please apply! Roughly 75% of this internship will focus on Tallo’s social media channels (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and TikTok), and the other 25% will be marketing projects, based on your strengths and interests.



Social Media:



  • Overall social media content creation and strategy

  • Social media writing: How should we sound? Work with Tallo’s Communication Strategist to craft our voice online.

  • Social media visuals: How should we look? Work with Tallo’s Graphic Designer to shape our visual presence online.

  • Social media monitoring and analytics

  • Building and maintaining our online social media community

  • Strategy: How can we improve our engagement and increase our follower count?



Other Marketing/Communication:



  • Writing: You may help create blogs and other short-form pieces

  • Communications and public relations: Help us keep track of who’s talking about us, and help us figure out how to get more people interested.

  • Individual Projects: We’ll help you come up with something you want to work on. You’ll walk away with something worth talking about in your next interview.



Requirements:



We’re looking for a recent college graduate who can commit to 40 hours a week, or someone with similar experience.



Must have:



  • Strong social presence or a great example of an online community you’ve worked on extensively. Send us the handle of a public Instagram account that you’ve managed (can be a personal account).

  • Strong communication and organizational skills. Since this internship may be remote, a successful candidate will be very responsive with calls and emails, and proactive with projects and timelines.

  • A professionally-formatted resume showing a marketing-oriented skill set.



Good to have:



  • 1-3 work samples (can be writing samples, design projects, or relevant class projects).

  • Examples of marketing or communications experience is a plus. (Yes, classwork counts).

  • A digital portfolio (PDFs, website, etc.) showcasing any previous, relevant work in the marketing, social media, design, or communication field.

Show moreShow less
special offer