Senior Market Analyst and Product Owner
The Irregular Corporation is an independent games publisher, focusing or releasing original games for niche markets and communities. We’re a small and nimble team of experienced professionals, with every member having direct input on strategy, decision making and company success.
The Irregular Corporation is commercial, rapidly growing and focused on data-driven decisions. We currently have a large number of games in development and anticipate releasing 6 titles in 2020.
In this role, you are responsible for using data to improve both our visibility of the market and the performance of our titles.We are looking for someone pro-active and motivated to push beyond accepted industry best-practice and help move the business forward. We believe that having the right person in this role will have a huge impact on our success.
1. Title Forecasting & Performance Analysis
- You are responsible for curating, interpreting and presenting data to enable us to make
- the high-quality decisions:
- Forecast title performance pre-launch
- Forecast performance post-launch (Including marketing PPC data / ROI, etc)
- Identify new opportunities based on data
- Evaluate new title potential (Eg, Estimate market size, competitors, etc)
- Monitor overall business metrics & flag trends / potential optimizations
- Maintain & refine the weekly data-dashboard sent out to the business
Success looks like:
- Forecasts match reality (to a reasonable degree)
- Clear, proven models
- We have a clear picture of the risk / reward potential of new titles
2. Product Owner for Data-lead Initiatives
We want to build sophisticated tools and systems that leverage public and private data sources to improve our knowledge of the market and ability to predict future performance of all of titles. We want to build an efficient, modern, games publisher that deploys cutting edge technology to enable rapid / automated decisions.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Product Owner for development of new tools (Define use cases & stories)
- Source, vet & commission External teams or freelancers to produce the tools
- Efficiently manage a budget to maximize ROI
- Pro-actively suggest new tools, systems, products and initiatives
Success looks like:
- Projects are delivered on time & on budget
- Projects deliver on their brief
3. Market Analysis
TIC is a commercially driven publisher in a fast-moving market, as such, it is important
that we monitor market & competitor movements.
- Provide forecasts, reports and analysis on Competitor title launches
- Provide general market movement analysis
- Identify high potential IP or Market Niches for us to invest in
- Take on special projects from time to time (eg, analysis of prospective
- acquisitions, etc)
Success looks like:
- Everyone in the company is informed on key market & competitor movements
Ideally you have:
- Multiple years experience working as an Analyst with large data sets
- Experience managing large projects with a complex range of requirements
- Deep passion for the games industry
Working at TIC
The team at The Irregular Corporation work remotely, typically getting together in person or on Skype a couple of times a month to sync on strategy, plans and title performance.
The role has complete freedom of location – TIC has a distributed team and we work with developers all over the world.
As such, we’re looking for someone self-starting, who can manage their own time to deliver the best outcomes for the company.
Everyone at TIC has access to company data and gives input into our key decisions (ie,product investments, milestone reviews, greenlights) alongside company operations.We are intentionally building the company with a focus on a small team of experts to enable efficient and rapid decisions.
The role will require occasional travel – occasional meetings in London alongside our quarterly strategy off-sites.
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first company, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd.
Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job.
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.