Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DEI) GM
Almanac is Github for business professionals—a collaborative document editor that helps teams automatically organize their docs and workflows—so they can focus on the work itself. We achieve this through the Almanac Core—an open access repository of 3000+ proven docs and templates, contributed by thousands of expert operators across tech like Netflix’s VP Product, Airtable’s Head of Growth, and Dropbox’s Head of Research.
As we scale the Almanac Core, we're looking for Contributor Growth Managers (GMs) to help us cultivate and scale communities of expert operators in across business management verticals. This role is about owning the development, strategy, and execution of Almanac's growth trajectory. You will have budget and autonomy from the team as we aim to 30x the size of our community by the end of the year.
In this time more than ever, Almanac is committed to racial justice and structural change—in our company and in society as a whole. Part of this commitment is to ensure that Almanac's team and platform are inclusive, and that we work hard to amplify the voices of business, civic and movement leaders who have been doing this work and are charting the way forward.About the Role
As a Contributor GM, you’ll develop, execute, and optimize growth and engagement strategies to scale our base of Almanac contributors, leading experiments to source contributors ever more efficiently to meet Almanac’s ambitious goals. It's a critical role for the success of our business.Specifically, you will:
- Own Almanac's DEI vertical of contributors and be responsible and accountable for growing it (acquisition, engagement, and NPS)
- Research and engage with DEI contributors to deeply understand their world and needs
- Position Almanac in customized messaging and marketing as a solution to the DEI community's needs
- Generate hypotheses around acquisition and engagement initiatives that can lead to compound, consistent MoM growth in DEI content and contributors
- Execute and scale tests at an MVP level with few resources and at scale with levers you've validated
- Engage and shepherd DEI leads through our funnel around publishing and sharing docs
- Create an extraordinary experience for each and every DEI contributor so they want to contribute again and refer other people
- Analyze the efficacy of your efforts by setting up measurement systems, updating them consistently, and reporting out on
- Deep experience working to identify and combat structural racism in the workplace and beyond
- 3+ years of experience an early or growth-stage startup, especially in these areas:
- DEI: being a subject matter expert in your community's topic area helps!
- Recruiting: this role is about "hiring" contributors for Almanac by getting to know them
- Sales: this role is about "selling" people on Almanac in a high-touch funnel
- Business Operations: this job is about creating systems that can reliably scale growth
- Customer Service: this role is about creating an amazing experience for each and every contributor
- 3+ years at a top strategy consulting firm, or an MBA (we love structured thinkers!)
- Run growth experimentation processes around acquisition or engagement
- Executed high-priority projects from concept to test to scale on your own
- Devised and implemented systems that have helped teams run better
- An amazing storyteller, apparent through your excellent written and verbal communication
- A self starter, with an ability to get things done faster than anyone expects you to
- Flexibility and scrappiness, and happiness when things are constantly changing
- Empirically minded: always testing, always learning, committed to seeking the truth through data
- Equally strong in seeing the big picture and perfecting the small details
- Obsessively focused on key outcomes: contributor acquisition and engagement
- Hungry to build a community that improves the lives of millions of professionals
At Almanac, we’re looking for structured thinkers full of passion, ambition, and kindness. We’d love for you apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your experience, skills, and interests will help you stand out—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Almanac, we welcome people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives who aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions and the status quo. Join us.At Almanac we:
- Are fundamental optimists who believe we’re still only at the start of the digital age.
- Go to extraordinary lengths to distinguish ourselves through world-class work.
- Prioritize quality over speed, and speed over scope.
- Desire working with deeply kind, mission-driven people.
- Strive to make the complex simple.
- Use first principles to debate ideas, test assumptions, and make decisions.
- Seek the truth by putting data above opinions.
- Assume good intent and give tactical feedback to help each other get better.
- Hold no ego—when our customers win, we all win.
- You will set your own monthly goals aligned with our ambitious strategy
- You will have our collective support in achieving major wins—and personal coaching from your manager
- You will be able to request and manage your own budget
- You will be encouraged to take risks, try new things, and be creative with your work
- You will have many opportunities to exchange and engage in feedback
- You will be offered continual chances to stretch yourself and raise your own bar
- Helping a small company grow 30%+ month-over-month
- You will be rewarded for achieving excellence and mastery