Senior Site Reliability Engineer - Software Engineering
Headquarters: London, UK
- Transform the engineering teams operational efficiency through the build of internal tools
- Develop our metrics and monitoring, resulting in fewer outages and an improved response to customer-impacting incidents.
- Ensure we can ship more quickly and consistently by improving our build process, secrets management & configuration management.
- Deep dive into our existing infrastructure and ensure we’re leveraging the tools and insights already provided.
- Lead knowledge transfer sessions. Educating the wider team about new processes so they can self serve. Driving best practice through education and automation.
- Improve our on-call process; reduce team burden whilst improving issue response times.
- You want to pioneer the site reliability function within the Freetrade engineering team. Shaping what best practice looks like.
- You’ve transformed how engineering teams operate and have demonstrable experience in doing so.
- You write clean, performant, tested and maintainable code and have a strength in at least one modern language (Python, Java, .Net etc.)
About our environment: We use serverless technologies such as Firebase, Cloud Composer, and Stackdriver, to build a reliable and performant platform. We use the real-time database, cloud functions and other features like pub/sub to provide a frictionless investment platform.
You will work with a variety of client and platform technologies. You will own the quality of major deliverables end-to-end, working closely with multiple engineers and teams to execute them. Scaling, latency, and customer experience are top priorities as the business grows. This is a high visibility team where you will make a direct positive impact on customer experience and the business. If you enjoy broadening your technical skills, building a new product, and working in an environment that thrives on creativity, experimentation, and innovation, then this is the job for you! Logistics The application process consists of an introductory call with one of our Talent team. If progressing you’ll have a phone interview with our CTO, followed by a technical onsite interview in our office in London. We offer a competitive salary plus stock options and lots of We are an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and representative team. Whatever your race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability - we want to hear from you. We're very open about what we're working on, and the best places to learn more are our buzzing and our