Proofread Duolingo in Korean ??
Use your expertise in Korean to help Duolingo users learn better!
Duolingo is looking for a tech-savvy, native Korean proofreader/copywriter fluent in English. If you have copywriting or transcreation experience, and would like to get involved in the Duolingo localization process, this position is perfect for you.
- Proofreading our app in Korean using transcreation and copywriting skills.
- Providing guidance to translators, ensuring adherence to in-house styles as well as correct use of grammar, punctuation, and spelling and clearing up confusing and awkward writing.
- Regular user of Duolingo, very familiar with the app (provide username).
Note: This is not obligatory if you’re able to learn fast, familiarize yourself with the app, and adjust to our guidelines.
- Regular game player (knowledgeable of video game terminology).
- Demonstrated creative track record, share samples.
- Native speaker of Korean.
- Native or near-native fluency in both spoken and written English.
- Ability to learn fast working with new tools as needed.
- Ability to work 5-15 hrs/week (workflow may vary from week to week).
As part of the evaluation process, selected candidates will be asked to complete 2-3 test tasks.
Duolingo is the world’s largest online language learning platform, with over 300 million users. Our apps were selected by Apple as “iPhone App of the Year” and by “Google as Best of the Best for Android”, 2 years in a row. Unlike other online education platforms, Duolingo is a completely digital experience meaning it requires constant interaction and is native to computers / mobile platforms.
We’re funded by some of the world’s most prestigious venture capital firms, the investors behind Google, Twitter, and Tumblr. Duolingo is a spinoff from Carnegie Mellon University’s School of Computer Science. Luis von Ahn, co-founder and CEO of Duolingo, is a MacArthur fellow, Carnegie Mellon University professor, and the inventor of CAPTCHA.