Growth Data Engineer
60,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information. We’re a kind, curious, and customer-focused team on a mission to build the world’s most-loved password manager and give people more control over their data.
The Growth Marketing team is on a mission to accelerate customer acquisition, retention and revenue growth using data-focused initiatives across the business.
The Growth Marketing team is looking for a passionate, results-oriented Growth Data Engineer to own defining, building, and scaling metrics, coding the ETL, building BI tables, writing SQL queries, and automating data pipelines. We’re also looking for you to be able to drive actionable insights that will measure the success and drive the day-to-day behavior for the marketing team. This role will be highly cross functional so you’ll also partner and in some ways support product, finance, and data engineering teams.
What we’re looking for:
- We are looking for an individual that has both a BI/data background and experience to also be the revenue growth focused business analyst sitting within the growth marketing team.
- The right candidate will be able to implement and effectively use a BI tool and will be the liaison between the data engineering team and the business (including Product, Finance, Biz Ops)
- Experience working in environments with the highest standards of data privacy and security
- An analytical, detail driven, excellent problem solver with a keen eye for uncovering actionable insights that can be applied to drive the business.
- Strong data engineering experience, including extracting and manipulating data using SQL, leveraging advanced Excel features and BI tools for data analysis, and producing business intelligence and actionable information. This individual will be the first point of contact in extracting information from the data lake and will be the gatekeeper for all queries that need to be run.
- Deep experience with business analytics including but not limited to financial metrics, SaaS revenue calculations, revenue source attribution, and product insights like value of feature usage, etc..
- Flexible and adaptable to meeting the evolving needs of a high-growth and fast paced organization, be ready to roll your sleeves up and continually adapt because we’re growing exponentially.
- Must be a true team player.
- Working experience with any BI tool like Tableau, Insight, Looker, or Domo, etc…
- Ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to work cross-organizationally.
What you can expect:
- Perform business analysis using various techniques such as statistical analysis, explanatory and predictive modeling, data mining
- Establish an analytical framework for your team: partner across stakeholders to define measurement approach, quantify and evaluate success, and develop KPIs and guide tracking efforts for ongoing measurement and reporting.
- Develop overarching revenue models centered around new, expansion, downgrade, and churn revenue by source and cohort.
- Works with marketing managers to define business requirements for data needs/requests using existing data sources.