Aerotek is currently working with one of the largest, privately held, full-service mortgage corporations that is growing stronger and faster than ever. With historically low interest rates and competitive compensation, it is a great time to join this organization. The company is actively hiring experienced Mortgage Conventional Underwriters.
- Direct Placement position, full time from the start.
- Working for a reputable privately held full-service mortgage company who is ranked as one of the nation's top financial lenders
- Offers desirable compensation that is competitive
- Potential for overtime pay along with quarterly incentive plan based on quality (not guaranteed)
- Position is 100% remote including the virtual training.
- The organization is licensed as a mortgage originator and servicer in all 50 states.
- Career mobility within a strong, growing organization
- Industry-leading career development program
- Dedicated company that encourages initiative and helps you grow professionally & personally
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401(k)
- Medical plans cover preventive care at 100%
Position Title: Conventional Underwriter
- Underwrites Conventional to verify for completeness, accuracy, and compliance
- Develops and maintains an up to date and sound knowledge of multiple loan product guidelines offered by the company, DU/LP guidelines, and risk assessment tools used to decision mortgage loans
- Reworks loans to new terms, identifies additional conditions as needed to insure a viable credit decision
- Reviews and evaluates borrower(s) profile including but not limited to all income documentation, tax returns, asset documentation, credit reports, preliminary title report, judgments, bankruptcy documents and appraisals
- Analyzes and calculates income documentation such as personal and business income tax returns and ensures all necessary documentation is requested to support final loan decisions
- Ability to function in an ever-changing environment and work across all business channels in Underwriting (Retail/CC/Wholesale) as needed
- 5 years of front-end conventional underwriting experience
- Experience with EnCompass is a plus
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email [email protected] .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.