Marketing Content Strategist
Shopify has redefined commerce by raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services. To help power 1,000,000+ merchants in more than 175 different countries, Shopify is always growing and finding new ways to create more value for commerce businesses around the world.
Products are at the core of each of those businesses, and finding the right ones to sell is one of the main challenges for aspiring entrepreneurs and established curators. The Product Sourcing team is building tools to help with that.
We’re looking for a product-savvy content creator to produce outward-facing content for the Product Sourcing team’s two biggest products: Handshake and Oberlo. Handshake is a B2B marketplace, and Oberlo is a dropshipping and education platform.
This position, which lives within the Content Marketing team, requires a deep understanding of the role language plays in the UX design process. It also requires a hunger for using various forms of communication – interface content, web copy, email, in-app messages, and more – to educate and motivate existing merchants, drive adoption of key features, and convert potential users.
You’ll be working on things like:
- Communicating the benefits of Product Sourcing’s two cornerstone products – Handshake and Oberlo – to existing and potential users.
- Driving adoption of key features within Handshake and Oberlo with messaging delivered inside the products, on landing pages, via email, and more.
- Building the Handshake and Oberlo admin and tools alongside designers, researchers, and front end developers.
- Collaborating closely with other content strategists. Reviewing and critiquing your teammates’ content to help them grow.
- Actively contributing to developing new features, and continuously improving what we have today.
- Evolving editorial and voice and tone standards in your area and across our products.
- Using qualitative and quantitative research to inform your content decisions.
- Defining and implementing information architecture and navigation systems across complex products.
You should have:
- Content strategy experience, preferably in a product-focused environment.
- Background working with cross-functional teams including UX designers, researchers, and engineers.
- Willingness to engage with potential users and existing merchants at numerous stages of their entrepreneurial journey, from discovery to scaling.
- Experience writing and structuring language to respond to audience needs.A portfolio of work you’ve done. Bonus if it includes interface content or microcopy.
- Ability to leverage multiple mediums to communicate key messages designed to reach a diverse audience.
- Demonstrated ability to create, implement, and maintain content standards across an organization.
- Empathy and advocacy for merchants and their buyers, in all areas of our work.
What’s in it for you:
- We don’t believe in micro-management.
- A healthy work-life balance with benefits such as parental leave, childcare benefits, and flexible work hours to give you more time for the things you care about most.
- Being part of a team that’s genuinely committed to making commerce better for everyone, no matter where they’re located or their experience level.
- Learning and growing with the best in the business and getting the support you need to do the best work of your career.
- Building strong relationships with your teammates in a culture that values authenticity, openness, and diversity.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work (…we’ve been through this interview process after all 😏) and we truly value your time. Luke is looking forward to reading your application. If your CV stands for itself, that’s great, but we always love to find out more about people, so feel free to include a cover letter.
Closing date: Monday, July 6th at 5pm GMT.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.