The vast majority of human knowledge is still not on the internet. Most of it is trapped in the form of experience in people’s heads, or buried in books and papers that only experts can access. More than a billion people use the internet, yet only a tiny fraction contribute their knowledge to it. We want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds — from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences — so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it. Our mission is to share and grow the world’s knowledge, and we’re building a world-class team to help us achieve this mission.
About the Team:
The People Team at Quora is responsible for supporting the company in pursuit of our mission. We aim to hire and retain world class employees and to create an environment where they can do their best work. We seek to be innovators and leaders in our field. Our work is more important than ever as Quora transitions to being a remote-first company. We work to create a place where everyone can belong.
About the Role:
You’ll be a trusted partner and advisor to our Engineering, Data Science, Product Management and Design teams and will also drive strategic company-wide initiatives. You will have a high-level of impact through building relationships, training managers, resolving issues and leading through times of transition. You will influence our business leaders to build amazing teams through a compassionate and consultative approach. You’ll be able to try new things, lead projects you feel passionate about and create sustainable change.
- Develop deep relationships with your business partners and serve as a trusted advisor to help them deliver their best work
- Identify and investigate the root cause of employee issues and work with stakeholders on resolutions
- Design and support a remote company culture which inspires people
- Partner with the Recruiting team to build out cross functional programs to support diversity and inclusion
- Conduct manager trainings on how to execute performance reviews, build out career rubrics and support a culture of feedback within their teams
- Proactively identify cultural trends and create action plans to increase engagement
- Ability to be available for meetings and impromptu communication during Quora’s “coordination hours” (Mon-Fri: 9am-3pm Pacific Time). Learn why
- 4+ years of experience as a People Partner or HR Business Partner
- 2+ years of experience managing employee relations
- Proven track record of program innovation and execution
- Exceptional time management & prioritization skills with a focus on pragmatism
- Demonstrates solid judgment and experience assessing risk relative to the business
- Experience as a people partner to remote employees
- Experience supporting technical functions, e.g. Engineering, Product Management, Design or Data Science
- A passion for coaching high performance teams
- Previous experience in a fast-paced, agile environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.