DraftKings Inc. (Nasdaq: DKNG) is a digital sports entertainment and gaming company. It’s simple, at DraftKings, we believe life’s more alive with skin in the game. For that reason, we’re committed to responsibly creating the world’s favorite games and betting experiences. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices around the globe, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do, and think you will too.
The strategy behind the game.
DraftKings is seeking a strong editorial candidate to help oversee the nights and weekend production of content across its platforms. As our Freelance Editor, you will bring strong journalistic practices to a growing group of writers, producers, and on-air talent, serving as a key oversight across a range of fantasy content. You will play a dually creative and operational role, driving the growth of new concepts and features while managing daily workflows around creation of content on the site. Sound good to you? Join us.
What you’ll do as a Freelance Editor:
- Serve as an editorial lead in driving daily operations, including assigning stories and features to individual writers, working directly on written content, including line/style editing and copy, coordinating work on various initiatives with other editorial stakeholders.
- Serve as critical first read on written content for Playbook and DK Live, a real-time news and information app. Edit for language, style, and flow.
- Manage freelance talent to maximize breadth of coverage for a best-in-class news and fantasy content offering.
- Work directly with senior editor to manage short and long-term editorial calendar, budgeting, and content production for both talent and optimized user engagement.
- Develop new content concepts to serve various business ends, including new user acquisition, engagement, retention, social sharing, and sponsorship opportunities.
What skills you will use:
- Ideally, you have 2+ years of experience on the editorial side of a major journalistic enterprise.
- Extremely strong knowledge of core journalistic/reporting frameworks.
- Diverse experience in content production across platform, including written, video, audio, photo.
- Proven success in growing audience and engagement for a well-regarded content platform.
- Expertise in leveraging of social media platforms and content creation specifically for social.
- Deep comfort with the world of fantasy sports, sports betting and with the sports/entertainment space overall.
- Strong organizational skills critical; must be able to juggle multiple projects, ongoing pipelines.
- Strong appreciation for audience growth tactics: digital marketing, SEO, SEM, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, with the ability to effectively collaborate with business, marketing and technology teams.
- Journalism degree preferred; substantial newsroom experience a must.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
You may be required to become licensed through applicable regulatory agencies.