Social Media Content Coordinator & Manager
Deep Space Sparkle elevates art teacher’s lives with inspiration, engaging lessons and teaching techniques through our membership club that serves over 7K teachers worldwide. We understand that teaching art isn’t just about passing out a sheet of paper and a tub of crayons. We know it requires creativity, a plan and a deep love for children.
We offer teachers a path to simplify their busy lives with done-for-you art curriculums, colorful & creative lesson plans, art workshops, a podcast and a thriving art teacher community. This helps teachers deliver a quality art experience to their students while understanding their value and achieving work-life balance.
We’re looking to hire a full-time member to our marketing team. We prefer a local candidate but remote applications are considered. Sorry, only US Resident applications accepted.
You are creative with a keen desire for organization and checklists. You love arranging, sorting, categorizing and measuring success through metrics. You love color, design and calendars and if given a jar of colored markers, a subscription to Planoly and a goal, you can deliver. Just say when!
Your job is to grow Deep Space Sparkle’s social media presence. You will work across Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook to create campaigns that will educate, inspire and empower our ideal customer to facilitate art in their homes and in classrooms. You will work with our design team to create content that will grow our reach, share our customer’s success and build brand awareness. You will orchestrate the delivery of our marketing and promotional content across multiple platforms so that our content is timely and effective. The job requires a combination of creative and analytical skills. Ideal candidate will also be as comfortable story-boarding as well as reporting metrics.
- Grow our reach and engagement on Instagram and Facebook.
- Manage creative assets (photography, video, physical goods)
- Develop and implement content strategy on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest
- Ensure consistent growth on all platforms
- Maintain a happy, inspired and respected brand reputation on all platforms
- Strategize with Marketing Team to design campaigns around promotions
- Social media expertise
- Deep working knowledge of Instagram & Pinterest
- Thorough and detail oriented
- Ability to analyze data to inform decisions
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Interest in working for a company that supports teachers and children though art-making
We offer competitive compensation, paid-time off and benefits, including a 401K plan, vision, and dental after our initial trial period of 3 months.
You’ll have the flexibility to work remotely or in our downtown Santa Barbara office. The Social Media Content manager will work closely with the founder to ensure the success of our campaigns and engagement. Hours for this position are 8-4pm PST Monday-Friday.
Are you a good fit? If so, I’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking to hire immediately, so If you would like to work with us, please do the following:
1. Take the following test: https://www.16personalities.com
2. Reply to this post with all of the following:
- A cover letter in the body of an email to include a sentence or two about WHY you would like to work with us and any relevant experience.
- Your resume attached as a PDF document
- A screenshot of the results of the test from step #1
- Three creative or art related Instagram accounts that you feel do a great job building brand awareness in a creative space and why.
If we feel you’d make a great fit, we’ll reach out to you.
We are an equal opportunity employer
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- Waiting period may apply