Engineering Manager, Infrastructure
Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web. We’re looking for an engineering manager to help us grow and scale our application and published site hosting infrastructure.About the role
- Location: SF or US Remote
As an engineering manager, you'll...
- Hold 1:1s with each of your reports where you offer them a platform for growth, allow them to gain clarity, offer suggestions, listen to them, learn about them as human beings, receive feedback, and more.
- Guide decisions and create an action-first environment where it's safe to fail as long as you learn.
- Lead and train a team of backend and infrastructure engineers as they support and improve our hosting and continuous integration infrastructure.
- Understand the nuances of our various infrastructure costs and work to optimize them over time.
- Unblock your reports to provide as much fruitful autonomy as possible.
- Provide feedback and radical candor designed to steer your reports toward meaningful progress and away from distractions, apathy, or a lack of purpose.
- Guide your reports in their career and participate in performance evaluations.
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly. And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to pursue passion projects outside of your role responsibilities.About you
You’ll thrive as an engineering manager if you:
- Have experience managing an operations/infrastructure hosting team that provides on-call support for a large application
- Have experience in a Technical Leadership role
- Have reached a senior engineering position at some point in your career
- Embody Servant Leadership and possess a hunger to amplify others
- Are comfortable delivering tough feedback respectfully and with candor and kindness
- Understand the technical architecture of complex web and mobile applications
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that meeting just 50% of a role’s requirements puts you in the running.About us
At Webflow, we believe that our success will be defined not only by what we do — but also by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Start with customers
- Practice extraordinary kindness
- Be radically candid
- Move intentionally fast
- Just fix it
- Lead by serving others
- Dream big
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We give you a 5 week sabbatical after 5 years of service
- We provide remote employees with the equipment and productivity stipend they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful engineering manager and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application!