Sr. Product Manager - Consul Cloud
Location: Remote US or CanadaAbout HashiCorp
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.About the Role
Consul is HashiCorp’s service networking product for multi-cloud networking automation. Its open source community has tens of thousands of active, engaged users. HashiCorp Consul is one of the most important strategic initiatives for HashiCorp, and was prominently featured in the opening keynote at our recently concluded community conference - HashiConf 2019.
As a Product Manager in the Consul team you will be responsible for all aspects of creating and delivering Consul as a Software as a Service (SaaS) offering. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast growing PM team focused on delivering Consul services on top of Azure and AWS. You will drive the strategy and development for Consul’s delivery as a SaaS offering. You will work closely with the Consul engineering team as well as the HashiCorp Cloud team to support the development and release of Consul as a SaaS offering.Responsibilities:
- Craft the product story by understanding the landscape, user needs, and HashiCorp principles.
- Write detailed strategy documents to set the context for the product roadmap
- Prioritize the product roadmap by taking feedback from Consul practitioners, engineering, marketing, and the HashiCorp vision.
- Conduct user research and write Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) to distill the research into requirements for engineering to deliver
- Keep sales and marketing updated on feature releases and keep engineering informed on feature requests
- Help with sales and marketing collateral to educate on the product story and features (Website copy, whitepapers, sales decks, FAQs, etc)
- 3+ years of product management experience with a B2B SaaS product and/or services; AWS and/or Azure background preferred.
- Strong user and market research skills
- Ability to organize multiple stakeholders towards a common goal
- Analytical with the ability to prioritize and make tradeoffs
- Strong technical acumen, with a solid understanding of infrastructure, cloud and open source
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
- Defining the product roadmap and strategy
- Writing product requirements documents (PRDs)
- Leading sales engineer and support education sessions
- Enabling the go-to-market teams (sales, support, SEs, marketing)
- Conduct customer interviews
- Perform market research
- Backlog management
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-EC1