Senior Strategic Copywriter
Located in New Haven, CT, this is a role for a strategic thinker who is creative, detail-obsessed, and empathetic. We are seeking an intelligent writer with ability to interface with clients; strong presentation skills and conceptual communication skills are critical to this role. Applicants must have a strong interest in applying talents to make the world a better place. Candidates must have the ability to strategize and conceptualize with creative solutions and create copy for a wide variety of non-profit and governmental agencies. Our campaigns are focused on improving and saving lives, and making positive impacts in communities—so we need an individual who is interested in really digging in to understand complex challenges in education, health care, transportation, environment, and early childhood—and communicating to a range of audiences across the full spectrum of communication channels.
- Produce strategic creative solutions, develop concepts, and write copy for a variety of non-profit and government agency marketing projects.
- Ability to lead projects that begin with strategic insights and result in work that delivers on key marketing objectives and reflects the client’s brand voice and tone.
- Attend client meetings, support research, and conduct interviews to gain a depth of understanding around client initiatives.
- Provide strategic thinking and content for marketing communications. Manage content plans and calendars as needed.
- Work closely with Designers and Art Directors to concept creative ideas that result in effective, breakthrough communication.
- Multi-task across simultaneous projects and deadlines, collaborating with appropriate team members to determine the conceptual and copy direction of branding and behavior change initiatives.
- Develop messaging, concept headlines/copy, and writing for new business pitches and proposals.
- Write and develop case studies; white papers; and be competent at developing outlines and compelling arguments, backed by data/references.
- Present messaging strategies and recommendations to client
- Develop and edit marketing strategy documents and reports
- Create and manage effective copy for campaigns, programs, websites, social, apps, advertisements, digital, broadcast, collateral.
- Get to know our clients, deliverables, terminology, and unique methodology and processes.
- Strong work ethic, ability to dig into details, take ownership while maintaining high quality standards with a dedication to excellence
- Bachelor's degree in English, Creative Writing, Communications, or Marketing
- Ability to understand and explain marketing strategies, track projects, and juggle multiple projects
- Compassion, empathy, Interest in making change for the better with a willingness to deeply understand societal challenges and complex issues
- Interest in our mission and methodology
- Willingness to monitor, engage, and escalate during off hours on occasion
- Knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram & social media best practices
- Degree in English, Journalism, Communications or a related field
- 5+ years experience in creative/content strategy or marketing communications preferably for an agency
- Portfolio that showcases your creative strategy and copywriting abilities
- Willingness to jump in, to listen carefully, and to align with team and company goals
- Strong grasp on culture, with a keen understanding of what is relevant and an eye for upcoming trends
- Solid presentation skills
- Great with feedback and revisions
- Good people skills and a sense of humor
- A cover letter to the attention of Human Resources, explaining how your qualifications match the needs of the position.
- Current resume; portfolio
- Salary requirements
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Strategic Copywriting: 5 years (Preferred)
- Please include link to samples, or submit pdf/word doc with your resume.
- Waiting period may apply
- Temporarily due to COVID-19