Content Writer/Editor for Marketing
Whova is hiring a full-time Content Writer who has 2+ years of experience in writing for marketing. Software or IT-related writing is plus.
** Only candidates who submit portfolios will be considered - Please submit your portfolios including contents you generated by yourself (copies, blog or news articles, website contents, e-books, collaterals, or any other contents) to jobs(@)whova.com.
=== Who We Are ===
Whova revolutionizes event engagement and attendee networking by providing the Whova mobile app and event management software for conferences and trade shows globally every day.
Whova is a fast-growing software company with brand-name customers, including US-Bank, Stanford, L’Oreal, Hilton, LEGO, Vertafore, NASA, IKEA, TEDx, etc. We are proud to receive the San Diego Business Journal’s 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019 Best Places to Work in San Diego award, four years in a row. We also won the Fastest-Growing Private Companies award in 2018 and 2019.
=== Necessary Skills and Experience ===
- Goal-oriented (not task-oriented)
- Strong self-learning capability for a new field (software, event tech industry)
- High desire for perfection and willing to put persistent efforts
- Understand what makes people tick
- Ability to understand the audience and engage them
- Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills
- Adaptable to changes in priorities, deadlines, and directions
- Self-driven, ability to work efficiently with people in different departments
=== How You Will Make an Impact ===
- Create engaging marketing copies, blogs, newsletters, video scripts, and others
- Produce sales collaterals and help train sales reps with the right marketing messages
- Occasionally help write messages in our S/W products
- Measure the content effectiveness
=== What You Will Gain ===
- Full-time: Annual salary, health benefits, paid vacation / sick leaves
- Part-time: Hourly compensation. (require to work for 20hr+/week)
- Work from home during the pandemic
- Fun, upbeat, and collaborative working environment
- Lots of career growth opportunities in a fast-growing company
=== Requirements ===
- Education: Major in English, Communications, or related field
- Experience: 2+ years of working experience. Writing for S/W or tech marketing is plus.
- Resume, cover letter
- Portfolio including marketing contents you generated by yourself (blog or news articles, website content, e-books, sales collaterals, or any other content). Only candidates with portfolios will be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
May work from home during the pandemic
- content writing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- San Diego, CA (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19