Your journey to building a better world starts here!
WHO WE ARE
We’re excited to help our customers deliver products to the world that have a profound impact on people’s lives. From ultrasound units and 3D printing to network security applications and in flight Wi-Fi, we help create products that build a better world. Now, more than ever, we are making our impact on the world as we are supporting products that are directly impacting the fight against COVID-19. We’re a global team of over 19,000 Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Aftermarket Service experts that partner with our customers to bring their products to life through inspired innovation and world-class customer service.
We are currently hiring for full-time, immediate, career opportunities even as we continue to work remote. Our interview process is currently being performed virtually for your safety and our own. Whether you’re looking to start, make a change, or advance your career, find your path at Plexus and leave your mark on the world around us.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE IT
Engaging and challenging projects that fulfill and develop you. People that support and inspire you to realize your full potential. A workplace centered on collaboration and integrity. At Plexus, we’re at our best when opportunities are met with passion, open communication and teamwork.
HOW YOU WILL DO IT
As a Technical Writer at our Global Headquarters, you will be responsible for the analysis, creation, and manipulation of customer documentation necessary for the costing process, specifically supporting our Aerospace/Defense sector. You will play a critical role in new production introduction and will be exposed to some of the newest and most exciting technology in the market. If you are someone that is detail oriented and enjoys problem solving, this is a great career opportunity for you.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Create clear and concise communication to the Costing Team, Business Development, Customer Management and operations with regards to documentation gaps.
- Understand and ensure costing solution follows Plexus guidelines, customer specifications, quote strategy and adheres to regulatory compliance and quality guidelines.
- Interpret customer technical documentation and understand Plexus manufacturing capabilities in order to make intelligent make or purchase decisions.
- Be able to transform customer strategy and documentation into appropriate structure and inputs for the cost estimation and tools system.
- Meet with Costing Project Manager (CPM) to analyze BOM and formulate questions regarding ambiguities or inconsistencies with the customer documentation.
- Attach all the CEC parts drawing, Fabrication drawing and Gerber into Quote Win.
- A work environment with the latest technologies. Plexus has three new data centers across the globe that are 100% virtualized top to bottom.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance Package
- Vendor specific training
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401k
- Paid Personal Time Off
- Employee Discount Programs
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- A minimum of an Associate's degree is required; an Associate's degree is preferred.
- Three years of related experience is required.
- A high level of attention to detail as you will be reviewing military specifications.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
Some offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, our company does not typically undertake sponsorship, including for H-1B, TN, and other nonimmigrant visas. Additionally, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be “U.S. persons.” “U.S. persons” are generally defined as U.S. citizens, nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees.