Customer Service Representative
Go Put the World on Vacation
At Wyndham Destinations our goal is simple: to put the world on vacation. Our award-winning team of nearly 25,000 associates is diverse and dedicated, caring and creative. Together we’re shaping the future of the timeshare industry by doing things never done before. That’s part of what makes our work fun and interesting. Every day is a chance to learn something new and influence the global business.
***Special Note Regarding Employment During the Current Health Threat:
Wyndham Destinations takes the current health threat of the COVID virus very seriously. To protect our Associates, we have implemented several health and safety measures in our Orlando corporate headquarters including regular deep cleans of our training rooms and common areas as well as establishing rules around social distancing and limits on the number of employees allowed in the building at any one given time. Our next new hire training class is scheduled to start on August 3rd. Successful candidates must live in the greater Orlando, FL area. No out of state candidates will be considered.
***Training will be conducted in our Orlando corporate headquarters. Due to the limited amount of space allowed to be occupied in the building based on state recommendations, we are looking for individuals who are willing to transition to work from home. This transition would likely take place around 90 days, possibly longer depending on availability of equipment. We will provide the computer, monitor, and headset.
What we offer
- $17.00-$18.00 per hour
- Work from home after 90 days
- Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits within 30 days
- Travel related discounts to our beautiful resorts and hotels!
- 401k with company match
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement up to $6,000/year
- Advancement opportunity
- Set work schedules
What you'll do
- Responsible for the prompt and accurate response, resolution and reporting of escalated sales / marketing cases from English speaking Wyndham Vacation Club (WVC) owners and guests which originate from Owner Care Specialists, written correspondence, and Better Business Bureau (BBB) inquiries in order to prevent or minimize negative legal, regulatory and/or public relations situations.
- Assisting owners in making reservations at our various resort properties. Ask discovery questions to find out details of owners' desired locations and timeframe of vacationing and search inventory to find a matching reservation that the owner is pleased with. If a successful reservation is made, offer points protection to protect the reservation from any type of cancellation.
- Investigates and makes recommendations regarding the resolution of escalated owner and guest cases primarily focused on sales and marketing complaints received from various channels of distribution (e-mail, letters, telephone) in order provide timely resolution and to prevent further escalation.
- Conducts research of contractual and financial documents, account history and documentation, as well as contract standards to identify if a sales compliance violation has occurred. Collaborates with WVC internal support groups including, but not limited to; Finance, Title, Sales Administration, Sales Recovery, and Consumer Affairs. Evaluates best options for resolution by considering all facts attained implications to owners and business, and input of internal partners.
- Additional translation services as needed for Mandarin Chinese speaking owners
- Associate’s Degree (or an additional 2 years strong customer service experience if Associate’s degree is not attained)
- Ability to work Mon-Fri 8:30am-5:15pm during first 4 weeks of training
- Ability to work 11:30am-8pm post training. Days off options will be discussed during phone interview
- Minimum of two years customer service or timeshare operational experience, preferably in a multi-channel contact center
- Ability to work from home and meet our at home requirements
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills in both English and Mandarin Chinese
- Solid ability to multi-task with strong computer navigation capabilities
- Exceptional listener with the skill to effectively communicate
- Possess the ability to learn quickly and apply new information; adaptable to change
- Consistent ability to exercise excellent judgment when making decisions
- Excels in conflict management and demonstrates proficiency in negotiating skills
- Aptitude for curious learning and demonstrates self sufficiency
- In depth understanding of contract standards, contractual documents, and sales compliance manual
A World of Inclusion
Hospitality is at the heart of all we do at Wyndham Destinations, including how we treat each member of our growing community. Here, you’ll find a team that’s inclusive, values diversity, and is built on a foundational respect for people from all over the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to [email protected], including the title and the location of the position for which you are applying.