CSR - Customer Service Representative
Customer Claim Specialist
NOTE: applicants who fill out the accompanying problem solving test will receive higher consideration.
This job requires training and some in office work in our Grand Rapids location but for the most part is a remote position.
The Bottom Line
A Customer Claim Specialist is the pinnacle of the customer relations world. They understand that service should not just be good, but that it should be legendary. They use tools such as creative problem- solving and outside-of-the-box thinking patterns to provide results for customers and retailers for a wide variety of everyday, and sometimes unique, obstacles. A Claim Specialist has a calm and friendly demeanor when working with clientele and is empathetic in their explanations for the “how’s” and “why’s of the process.
A Day in the Life
- Respond to inbound customer, retailer, and technician inquiries and follow-up relating to entire claim processes (determine coverage, send inspection packets, authorize technicians, order parts, recommend exchanges, administer settlements, and collect complaints).
- Open new claims and capture accurate customer and claim data to determine the most cost effective and customer service-oriented outcome.
- Review and monitor open claims and follow-up as needed while maintaining high levels of accuracy and customer service.
- Provide timely action on communications received from retailers, customers, and all current manufacturing clients.
- Receive and review documents from customers, determine warranty replacement, Protection Plan coverage, or providing alternative solutions.
- Understand the basics of the retailer portal and be able to guide a store employee through submitting a claim.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) – College Degree Preferred
- Savvy computer and keyboard proficiency
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish preferred
- Math and Microsoft Excel skills
- Genuine empathy and the ability to create solutions for all customer obstacles
- Team focus and friendly demeanor
- A robust history of legendary customer service experience
Various Schedules available and all shifts may require a rotating Saturday shift up to 1 Saturday within a 3 week period.
Every third Saturday may be required for some shifts.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Schedule
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Company already allows remote work from home. Training will be done in a clean and sanitized environment and most of the training will be done remotely.
- Associate (Preferred)
- Explain in detail a process that you are very familiar with:
Communication method(s) used:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible