Head Of Content - Remote
DesireList helps people do everyday things better by connecting top professionals with consumers looking for Pro advice. DesireList Pros are experts in their fields across a wide range of industries. From Lady Gaga’s dance captain to NFL athletes, to Pink’s make-up artist; the Pros are the real deal. They are 100% dedicated to their profession and strive to be the best in all aspects of their lives. They have truly intimate knowledge of the products they review and the path to success and DesireList is where they share all of it with you. Our Pro community includes celebrity stylists, makeup artists, chefs to the rich and famous, nutritionists to the stars, top fitness trainers, stunt doubles from your favorite action movies, and many more!
Whether it's saving time and money when shopping for the best product or learning how to do the task at hand better, our video-led platform shows you how to do it like a Pro. Featuring honest product reviews, live stream, and on-demand classes and tutorials, as well as informative how-to’s, DesireList simply helps you do life better.
HEAD OF CONTENT
The Head of Content is responsible for developing and overseeing an integrated content strategy and programming across channels for organic and branded content. This is a remote position.
Working closely with Production, the Head of Content will lead the development of engaging, entertaining, and shareable video content. Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement a repeatable signature DesireList content style and formula for all content types - including lessons, how-to’s, product reviews, articles, etc. for organic and branded content - to include all aspects of production including video graphics.
- Work closely with the story producer to collaborate on content narrative and production of video content for organic and branded content.
- Work closely with the Head of Operations to ensure timely execution and delivery of content for brand partnerships
- Work closely with the Pro community manager to provide detailed briefing materials for Pro video shoots (assisted by Content Assistant)
- Ensure a structured and timely content creation process through the implementation of efficient and effective routines for pre and post-production.
- Identify and propose topics and themes for content to drive maximum engagement across platforms.
- Define and implement systems to actively measure, manage, optimize and communicate the performance of the content put out by the business against set operational objectives and strategies
Working closely with Marketing, the Head of Content will lead the development of an editorial structure in order to ensure that all content across the business is integrated and aligned to support business objectives across channels. Specific responsibilities include:
- Build and maintain an effective editorial plan for the website that is designed to grab user attention, increase time on site, and optimize the path to conversion.
- Editorial planning should consider news agenda, seasonal or topical angles that can help increase appeal and “share-worthiness” of content
- Editorial content should reflect basic SEO understanding and thoughtful content categorization
- Manage the distribution of “shareable” content across all DesireList digital content hubs and supporting channels. Specifically:
- Website: Create and edit engaging site copy and article content (supported by the content assistant)
- Social Media: Lead planning of DesireList social media calendar (organic) across Facebook, Instagram, and Tik Tok, including planning, content creation, caption-writing, tagging, and posting.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for a team player who lives and breathes all things content. You might have experience as a writer, editor, storyboarder, or producer but most of all you are a creator. You know how to build and schedule topical content that is both timely and fulfills business goals on a digital platform. You are comfortable transitioning between writing a short social media caption to scripting 10+ minute videos. You enjoy collaborating with both your own team and other employees to create new ideas. You are flexible and embrace change. Mostly, you want to come work for a cool early stage startup with a killer team that is quite simply awesome.
- 5+ years’ experience creating innovative digital content for either content platforms or digital entertainment companies in an editorial capacity
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or equivalent experience in the field
- High degree of content development experience. Demonstrated success crafting stories and publishing content in a variety of formats across a range of channels. Even better if you have a portfolio to back it up
- Direct experience working with and/or leading editorial and creative teams (videographers, editors, producers, copywriters etc.)
- Ability to create and manage an editorial calendar
- Understands content has to be great, but more importantly, it has to also help achieve business goals
- Possesses an understanding of SEO and how to incorporate effective SEO into content
- Engages with cultural and behavioral trends in order to create content that is timely, topical and relevant.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment that requires flexibility, previous startup experience a plus
- Is capable and willing to take a hands on approach to all aspects of the role.
- Preference for candidate to reside in Denver, Chicago, or Atlanta
- Ability to travel 20-30%
IN ORDER FOR YOUR APPLICATION TO BE CONSIDERED:
Please email your resume, cover letter, and answers to the following questions to [email protected] by July 10.
Walk us through one of your most successful content projects to date, from inception to completion. Why was it successful? What did you enjoy most about it? What specifically was your role throughout the process?
The DesireList platform encompasses a variety of content categories. Between Beauty, Sports, Fitness and Wellness, Travel and Food and Drink, which category do you connect with the most and why? How will you create engaging content in other areas outside of your interests?
What is your leadership style? How would you (or do you) create a “team first, me second” environment?
Please include links to your portfolio and any other websites you’ve worked on in an editorial capacity:
Tell us about a time when you had to manage through a change in business direction. What happened, how did it impact your role and how did you manage through the change?Show moreShow less