Social Media Strategist
alliantgroup is a management consulting company with a mission to strengthen American businesses through reinvestment in innovation and job growth. We educate businesses, the industry groups that serve them and the accounting firms that advise them on federal and state credits and incentives that are legislated by our government to keep the U.S. competitive in the global landscape.
We are proud to have helped over 16,000 businesses claim more than $8 billion in credits and incentives since we opened our doors in 2002. alliantgroup is headquartered in Houston, Texas with additional offices located in Austin, Boston, Chicago, Indianapolis, New York, Irvine, Sacramento, Washington, D.C.; and Bristol and London in the U.K. For more information, visit alliantgroup and engage with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
How do we do this? We hire the brightest talent with the most diverse backgrounds who are obsessed and passionate about making a difference.
We are looking for a Social Media expert who can enhance the brand and build strong online communities through our various social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.) Besides being the purveyor of buzz-worthy content across channels, you will be responsible for the strategic development and execution of social media campaigns and day-to-day content across all channels -- with the ultimate goal of increasing engagement, building community and brand advocates, and strengthening brand awareness.
- Proven track record of social media community building (creating two-way engagement and conversations around content that is either created by alliantgroup or relevant to our brand)Expertise developing and writing editorial calendars for social content, promotions, and campaign activations
- Has strategic eye and can collaborate closely with creative and design teams to help direct the production of creative visual assets (videos, graphics, memes, GIFs, etc.)
- Serves as the internal voice of social media to ensure that social strategy is front-of-mind for content development throughout the company
- A creative thinker and writer, ability to bring a brand’s voice and personality to life across social channels and through our executives and thought leaders
- Lead social efforts at on-site activations and company events to capture and publish content
- Helping to spearhead creative marketing campaigns by working collaboratively with the marketing, design, and product teams (as well as any other key stakeholders) to produce original messaging, content, visual assets, activations, contests, etc.
- Up to date on social media channels best practices, algorithms and trends
- Experience with social listening, developing real-time content and newsjacking
- Comfortable with social media analytics, as well as developing insights based on social media content and/or channel performance
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and Google Analytics, as well as Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices.
- Keeps her/his finger on the pulse of trending news stories, hashtags, memes and other cultural trends
- Understanding and experience with boosting social content with targeted paid media
- Experience with social channels and communities (beyond Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn) such as Pinterest, Reddit and Quora
- 3+ years of experience owning a consumer brand’s organic social media channels
- Proven track record of growing and cultivating engagements and following of various social media channels
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, PR, or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills
- Samples of social media content creation and metrics around the activations
- This is not a remote position