Social Media Editor
Atmos is a biannual climate and culture magazine and online platform that tells stories about people and the environment through an art and design lens. Our aim is to bring readers into the cultural conversation around social and environmental justice, climate solutions, and ecological awareness through stories that are equal parts provocative and approachable, inspiring and alarming, light and enlightening. We are hiring a social media editor to ambitiously grow our audience through strengthening our brand voice, quantity and quality of content, and engagement across social media.
Responsibilities and Qualities of the Role
- This role will develop and execute Atmos' social media strategy—from developing brand voice, to content strategy, to concepting and executing all posts for Instagram, Twitter, and additional channels with the support of our art director.
- We would love to hire a person for this role who is tapped into climate and culture, who consistently monitors relevant media outlets and experts to bring a stong voice, wit, and analysis to breaking/trending topics. The ideal person will have have comfort with the science of climate change and pressing environmental issues, as well as an interest and eye for design.
- Working collaboratively - this role will work closely with our digital editor and editor-in-chief on translating site and print content for social media.
- This role will be accountable for growing Atmos' audience by building relationships with readers, influencers, and organizations through all forms of social media engagement.
- We hope to hire a person who is committed to inspiring large scale environmental change, and who will be ambitious about growing Atmos' reach and audience to further this goal. The successful person in this role will constantly monitor social media analytics and evolve strategy to maximize audience engagement and growth, while retaining the integrity and ethos of the publication.
- The ideal person for this role will have experience as a social media editor or climate journalist, or will have experience successfully growing their own social media channel covering environmental topics.
- The social media editor will be joining a small team with a start-up culture. This is a remote position and we work dyanmically and responsively throughout the week. Self motivation and self management are key.
We strongly encourage people of color, women, people with disabilities, and L.G.B.T.Q people to apply!
Please e-mail [email protected] to apply and share a work sample or relevant experience. A formal resume is not needed.Show moreShow less