Digital Marketing Manager/Associate Account Executive
Love challenges? Do you look forward to each day being different? Like to implement ideas?
Please DO NOT apply if you do not already live in Los Angeles - preferably in the South Bay.
Welcome to The Hoyt Organization (THO), a full-service strategic public relations & integrated communications agency located in the South Bay! We are looking for creative, out-of-the-box thinkers with an eye for detail, a mind for new ideas, and the heart to persevere. You must want to be part of a dynamic team while bringing your own talent as a key THO component! Our next Digital Marketing Manager/Associate Account Executive has anywhere from 1 - 5 years of public relations agency experience (preferred), and/or a couple of years of solid SEO/digital marketing/social media experience behind them.
This position is NOT remote - it is an internal, social media/digital marketing position (not remote - we have implemented COVID precautions in our office). We need someone who has excellent client interfacing abilities, knows social media/digital marketing inside & out and can communicate clearly and in a positive tone. It is a M-F and "8:30am - 5:30pm" position; however, we are looking for someone who takes initiative, will stay when staying is needed, willing to get the job done vs. "drop it at 5:30pm no matter what's going on." We strive for work-life balance (and succeed) but sometimes, client's needs require going "above and beyond."
Here's what we are looking for:
-2 years_ minimum of agency experience_
- Bachelor’s degree: PR; communications; marketing; journalism or related field
As a Digital Marketing Manager, your responsibilities would consist of the following:
· Write and post google ads for clients;
· Work within an integrated PR team and develop a comprehensive understanding of clients, their business, products, markets;
· Exceptional writing and editing skills, including excellent grammar, punctuation and knowledge of AP style guidelines, along with attection to detail;
· Basic graphics design and editing capabilities, including experience with Microsoft Publisher, PowerPoint, Photoshop and/or Microsoft Picture It and Adobe Creative Suite;
· Exceptional organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and capability to effectively and efficiently research critical, time-sensitive information;
· Create, recommend and/or write social posts including on FB, IG and blogs;
· Understand digital platforms and how they can be leveraged as part of our clients’ strategies;
· Have the ability to craft digital marketing/PR plans OR implement them, when given;
· Create new, and maintain ongoing, relationships with top tier media including influencer relationships;
· Develop concepts and programs for a variety of clients in various industries;
· Stay on top of emerging technologies and trends in client markets and the digital world;
· Pitch various media outlets and have contacts in a variety of media forms including broadcast, online and print;
· Assist with idea generation and development of news stories, articles, presentations, talking points, social media, etc.;
· Excellent written and oral presentation skills;
· Strong analytical evaluation skills;
· Strong SEO-writing skills; google ads & other social media ad skills;
· Participate in the new business process as well as new business presentations, as necessary; and
· Self-motivated & curious with a desire to constantly improve our practice.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18 to $20/hour
PLEASE answer the following questions straightforwardly and honestly in your cover letter:
- How many years of Public Relations experience do you have?
- How many years of Public Relations agency (not freelance) experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Do you live in the South Bay, Torrance, or South Bay adjacent?
- When are you available for an interview or phone screen? Please list 2-3 dates and times or ranges of times.
- What is your expected salary range?
- How many years of true digital marketing/social media & SEO experience do you have?
Our ideal candidate will be a mature (regardless of age!), detail-oriented, team player with a sense of humor, who's not afraid to ask questions, and hopefully likes dogs.
If you’re looking for a new challenge in a creative environment with a great team of people, please send your cover letter making mention of the egregious error in this ad, along with your resume via email to Erika: erobinsonAThoytorg.com. If you don't send both documents requested, you will NOT be considered for this position, and for GOODNESS' sake, check your spelling...
*NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE; RESPOND THROUGH THIS AD
*SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA APPLICANTS ONLY, PREF within 10 miles of the South Bay
*THIS IS NOT A SALES POSITION! NOT A TELECOMMUTE POSITION!Show moreShow less