Service Desk Analyst
The position's primary responsibility is to provide high quality customer focused service and support to the user community at CIM Group. This position will serve as a role model within the Service Desk group. The position also assists with infrastructure support tasks, performing problem management, leading and contributing to projects, and working with other senior members of the group to implement or upgrade platforms.
- Responsible for end to end communication and incident follow up response to Service Desk tickets via email, phone, and in person
- Responsible for response, communication and follow up of Service Desk tickets via email, phone, and in person as part of the Service Desk function.
- Responsible for responding to requests and provisioning access for Windows-based accounts
- Responsible for provisioning Windows accounts for all CIM New Hire requests
- Investigate, diagnose, and resolve or escalate to appropriate teams, technical requests from users and follow up through resolution.
- Maintain awareness of trends analysis to identify and escalate major incidents and problems and escalate quickly.
- Configure, onboard and maintain small office network equipment
- Participate in rolling out applications individually and through SCCM centralized Desktop deployment
- Create and present training to end users on hardware/software applications individually and to small groups.
- Request purchase of equipment through inventory control.
- Assist with Asset management/inventory management
- Give input into process improvement including Service Now enhancements for better client servicing.
- Software implementation using group policy
- Assist in administrative tasks with SharePoint, VMWare servers
- Stay current on latest industry trends, technology, and platforms
- Ability to lift/carry/push/pull up to 50 lbs. of equipment.
- Ability to push or pull up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to walk or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to crawl under desks to remove and install PC hardware and perform cable management duties Ability to work nights and weekends participate in on call rotation.
- Must be detail oriented
- Some travel is required to remote sites
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: (including certification, licenses, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree, in any discipline
- Minimum four years’ experience in a client-focused customer-oriented service and support/technical role
- IT Certifications a Plus (Microsoft, Apple, ITIL, PMI)
TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Proficient- knowledge of Microsoft Desktop Operating systems
- Proficient- knowledge of supporting Microsoft Office software
- Proficient-level knowledge of network fundamentals (IP, gateway, DNS, routing)
- Proficient-level knowledge of Microsoft Server operating systems
- Proficient-level knowledge of Exchange ActiveSync
- Entry-level knowledge with Cisco routers, firewalls, IOS
- Entry-level knowledge with virtualization technology is helpful (VMWare, Citrix, HyperV)
- Working knowledge of various email systems & protocols (Exchange, IMAP)
- Working knowledge of Active Directory