Senior Social Media Manager
MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration. Our platform and services enable innovative teams to think and collaborate visually to solve important problems. People benefit from MURAL’s speed and ease of use in creating diagrams, which are popular in design thinking and agile methodologies, as well as tools to facilitate more impactful meetings and workshops.
Global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk and GitHub have embraced visual collaboration to align their teams, plan in real-time, speed up decision making, reduce travel costs and accelerate a culture of innovation. MURAL’s certified enterprise-class cloud-based infrastructure connects 40 percent of Fortune 100 global enterprises, drawing the support of leading investors from Radian Capital, Gradient Ventures, Endeavor Catalyst and others.
MURAL is headquartered in San Francisco and employs nearly 200 people working remotely across six time zones around the world, including office hubs in Buenos Aires and Europe. The company recently raised $23M in a Series A round of financing and is growing dramatically in 2020.
As the Senior Social Media Manager at MURAL, you will serve as the company’s public-facing humble expert, playful visionary, brand advocate, and community catalyst. You’ll engage with and develop the growing, global community of visual thinkers, remote workers, facilitators, educators, and more. Deftly able to translate from company narrative to strategic, tactical execution, you will not only help tell our story, you’ll develop it through conducting a social symphony within the MURAL community.
Both content manager and strategist, you’re a maverick who knows the ins and outs, whys and hows of storytelling on social media. As such, you will work strategically and cross-functionally, ready to direct and coordinate activities for critical stakeholders across MURAL, as well as with community stakeholders at large.
You know what to do and why you’re doing it, needing minimal direction while welcoming feedback. You exude confidence with a refreshingly low-ego. You are focused on getting the job done with excellence.
In this role, you will:
- Develop a cross-channel strategy for social media that translate top-level company narrative into day-to-day social content — as deftly executed across Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram
- Create engaging, high-quality, and on-brand social content activated at the right time and on the right channel
- Be playful and relatable — this is not a job for an introvert — letting your personality shine through words, visuals, and video
- Have a strong bias to action and own the art of solving problems
- Focus! Your efforts clearly map back to team and company objectives
- Efficiently know how to reply, engage, and direct social traffic, as necessary
- Manage a social media content calendar to coordinate activities internally
- Monitor social channels for important signals of community interests and concerns, alerting others within MURAL, as needed (e.g. through social listening and reputation management)
- Establish a cadence of reporting and measurement that informs decisions/strategy
- Ensure brand consistency in copy through tone, voice, and terminology
- Help the MURAL team understand the social strategy so they can, in turn, support social strategies through their own efforts
This is not an entry-level position. The top candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- 8+ years of experience in social media management and strategy at a high-growth SaaS company
- You are not only comfortable in front of the camera, it’s where you belong! You are ready to be a face of MURAL and are comfortable creating ad hoc visual content
- Exceptionally collaborative and communicative, confidently engaging with not only your team and stakeholders across the company, but with customers and thought leaders online
- Demonstrated ability to see both “map and territory,” shifting seamlessly between strategic thinking and tactical execution
- Expert at cross-functional project management
- Excellent writing and visual content creation skills
- Ability to work independently from a remote location
Ideally you will have:
- Experience with marketing analytics
- Experience with graphic design
- Experience in SaaS marketing
- Experience in design thinking, Agile, and other methodologies
- Built a following for a notable SaaS brand
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Ability to work remotely (whenever and wherever!)
- Flexible working hours
- Take-what-you need leave policies with minimum 15 days of PTO
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- A phenomenal learning environment for your development
- Annual company retreat to bond, learn, and celebrate!
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make Others Successful
- Adapt to Thrive
- Show Up With a Smile
- Generate Wows
- Think Global
- Play to Win and Have Fun
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.