Language project coordinator
Duolingo is looking for an experienced language project coordinator to support our Content Operations team with Asian course development. The project coordinator will help project managers all language/translation projects from start to finish and are responsible for their successful completion. Use your project coordination expertise to help Duolingo develop more courses for our users!
This is a part-time, contractor role that can be based anywhere in Asian timezone.
- Support project manager in completing all language/translation projects for Asian courses
- Ensure translations perfectly comply with translation guidelines and meet our quality standards
- Help project manager to ensure on-time delivery of language/translation projects
- Juggle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Handle tasks assigned by project managers promptly
- Full professional proficiency in English and 1 or more Asian languages, such as Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, Korean or Vietnamese
- Ability to work 20-30 hours a week, as necessary
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Effective time management and problem solving skills
- 3+ years of experience as a project coordinator (or equivalent) for a global consumer technology company
- A portfolio of past work to demonstrate your expertise
- Experience of working with Google Spreadsheets and project management systems
- Strong interest in Duolingo and our mission
- Thrives in a fast-paced, data-driven, team-oriented environment
Duolingo is the world’s largest online language learning platform, with over 300 million users. Our apps were selected by Apple as “iPhone App of the Year” and by “Google as Best of theBest for Android”, 2 years in a row. Unlike other online education platforms, Duolingo is a completely digital experience meaning it requires constant interaction and is native to computers / mobile platforms.
We’re funded by some of the world’s most prestigious venture capital firms, the investors behind Google, Twitter, and Tumblr. Duolingo is a spinoff from Carnegie Mellon University’s School of Computer Science. Luis von Ahn, co-founder and CEO of Duolingo, is a MacArthur fellow, Carnegie Mellon University professor, and the inventor of CAPTCHA.