Job Description MegaStar Financial is a 21 year mortgage banker. We are looking to add an amazing Mortgage Underwriter to our Underwriter team! The position can work in our Downtown Denver, CO corporate location OR FULLY REMOTE. We strive to build and promote our employees. We are a FNMA, FHLMC and Ginnie Mae seller / servicer. We have a unique opportunity to join our Underwriter team. You will work with an amazing group of professionals. Our Loan Officers have an average tenure of over 10 years and are some of the most experienced and most respected in the business
MegaStar Financial believes in our employees! Many of our staff have been with us from the early days with long standing tenures. We offer competitive pay with potential for bonuses, benefits starting as low as $15 (per pay period), FREE Life & AD&D and LTD Insurance as well as supplemental benefits such as Accident Insurance and Critical Illness coverage. Our Medical Insurance has awesome features like Telemedicine and Employee Assistance Programs. We also offer free parking or an RTD Rail/Bus Pass (set limits).
We are located near downtown Denver in the Golden Triangle neighborhood close to the Denver Art Museum and Civic Center Park. Our location in this vibrant community offers many great restaurants and parks all within walking distance.
Want to work where you can build a long-standing career, grow your business and become your own entrepreneur? Megastar Financial is the right place for you! Check us out and see what our employees have to say on glassdoor.com.
Requirements include a thorough working knowledge of and ability to analyze credit reports, income documentation, assets, liabilities, property appraisals, and title reports, to insure loans meet company standards for sale into secondary market. Person will identify, analyze and balance transnational, borrower and property related risks and offsets to arrive at a loan decision of approval, suspense, counter offer or denial.
Review of Loan Application Package - The underwriter shall review the loan application package using verified data in the loan submission package.
Quality of the Loan - The underwriter shall ensure that the quality of loans conforms to government regulations, company standards and standards for sale to the secondary market.
Education and Experience
• Minimum of 5 years mortgage underwriting experience
• Excellent understand of secondary market guidelines (FNMA/FHLMC/GNMA)
• Effective analytical and mathematical skills
• College degree preferred but not required
• Strong understanding of mortgage process flow of 1-4 family, and condos from processing to closing
• Self-starter, self-reliant, dependable, ability to work within and meet specific time constraints
• Experience with AUS (LP/DU) and knowledge of mortgage insurance
• DE/LAPP certifications preferred
• Proficient in running and analyzing AUS (DU/LP/DO)
• Excellent communication skills
• Internet Explorer
• Microsoft Office
• Mortgage Underwriting: 5 years
• 3 years of direct corporate underwriting experience
Responsibilities and Duties:
The underwriter will review the loan application package using verified data from the loan submission package. Following tasks of the underwriter: Evaluate:
• The borrower's income relative to financial obligations
• The adequacy of the credit quality and borrower qualifications
• The sources of funds
• The security property
• The loan terms, LTV and ratios making sure they meet the program guidelines
• Notify processor and loan officer of decision made. Approve loan in accordance with appropriate terms and conditions, counter-offers if the term does not meet company Lending's standards and guidelines, or deny the loan
• Reviews and clears all conditions
• Maintains current knowledge of all loan products and origination requirements