Client Support Representative
The Role: Client Support Representatives (CSRs) provide “smart, fast, and nice” end-user support on-demand via phone, email, chat or other “remote” tools. CSRs are considered the first line of support for our products, and engage with end-users across various customer segments, including individuals, advisors, and institutions. They are support generalists with a practical level of knowledge across a range of products and customer types and expertise spanning usage, investment, and basic technical issues.
This position will be based in our Oakland, Maryland office.
- Responding to client (end-user) questions/inquiries via telephone, email, and (in the future) chat in a complete, accurate, and timely manner in accordance with service level standards (SLAs)
- Troubleshooting client issues and resolving or escalating appropriately
- Managing occasionally unhappy client interactions and de-escalating emotionally charged situations when necessary.
- Balancing service-delivery efficiency with quality of care
- Continuous process improvement, looking for smarter and better ways to serve clients
- Ongoing education and skill-building (self-administered as well as centrally administered) with respect to service process, investing, product, and customer context
- Ad hoc projects designed to leverage product/client knowledge while gaining exposure to other areas outside of customer service
- Providing feedback to sales and product teams regarding potential business opportunities and product innovations, based on insights gained through service interactions with clients and analysis of support data/logs
- Participating in the onboarding/training of new CSRs and other new hires who can benefit from product and client understanding
- Excellent written and oral communication, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with high attention to detail, and excellent time management.
- Proficiency with Windows-based applications.
- Fast learner, flexible and proven ability to work in a demanding environment with strong multi-tasking skills.
- Sound client service skills with a proactive approach, and take ownership of issues as they arise.
- An interest in the investment industry.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.