Full Stack Engineer: Go and/or Python
Oscatel is hiring a Full Stack Developer - working in Go and/or Python, with TypeScript - to design and implement solutions for a range of projects that underpin operational services for mobile carriers.
We've hired successfully for back end and are now seeking a further full stack colleague.
We're an established software provider that's bringing development back in house. We're building modular, containerised, web-based solutions - many of which will become long-term products - mainly around operational support services for carriers.
The domain entails data-intensive services where security, data integrity and uptime are key. This presents lots of interesting coding challenges as we build and integrate our technology.
You can anticipate a mix of well-defined greenfield projects, initially focused on implementing the web application for a large customer deliverable, along with substantial exploratory work as we validate concepts and build new solutions, maturing these into products.
We offer a culture where you may work under your own initiative as part of a collaborative effort towards common goals. It's an opportunity to be a formative team member, and to grow and improve together.
Early projects within the team
- Actively contributing to improve our development culture, methods and automation
- Building core services in Go and/or Python using GraphQL and gRPC
- Developing process focussed admin consoles and dashboards for internal and external clients
- Representing comprehensive data from analytics and alerting tools
We're looking for
- Someone able to write code that's efficient, robust, documented and well tested
- Solid theoretical foundations, either through education (e.g. Computer Science) or practice
- Proven back end coding skills using Go and/or Python
- Web service writing skills, and familiarity with relational databases e.g. MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with React/Next.js, and maintaining Node.js
- Broad understanding of unit, service and integration testing
- Ability to understand complex requirements, to uphold security of sensitive data and to conform to best practices
Current ecosystem - we'll welcome your influence
Salary and benefits
- £45,000 - £60,000 we're keeping an open mind
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays and a day for your birthday
- Flexible and remote working - tell us what you need
- Personal development plan that you can shape, with budget for related training/certifications