Worcester, MA or remote
We seek an early-career Marketing Associate to join our Communications team. The Marketing Associate will support the growth and scale of our web-based educational technology application by managing campaigns to build the ASSISTments brand, expand teacher programming, and support user engagement with our product. This role will collaborate with various departments across the organization and our partners at Worcester Polytechnic Institute, and will report to the head of Communications & Marketing.
We seek candidates with strong project management and analytical skills, who are dedicated to advancing the mission of an education non-profit organization, who thrive in a start-up environment, and who enjoy creativity and innovation.
The ASSISTments Foundation is currently a small and nimble staff of 8 and we share priorities and collaborate with The ASSISTments Project at Worcester Polytechnic Institute, where there are approximately 10 staff members and a dozen graduate students who work solely on the ASSISTments project. The ASSISTments platform has been in use by researchers and teachers for many years, but very recently, we've skyrocketed our efforts to enhance our product and expand our teacher user base while also improving their experience.
- Support and collaborate with the head of Communications & Marketing and Program Director to develop and execute creative, thoughtful, and data-driven campaigns that meet marketing needs across the organization
- Establish and manage effective systems for the Communications team to support the implementation of the marketing strategy
- Support growth in brand awareness and new users by executing the strategies for:
-email marketing, including a monthly teacher newsletter and management of our Mailchimp account
-social media accounts, including creative content development
-the ASSISTments blog, including content development or coordination of thought-leadership and product-focused posts
-a healthy external presence, including an up-to-date website and other externally-facing resource
- Support the increased engagement of existing users in ASSISTments programming and regular implementation of the tool in classrooms by:
-coordinating campaigns that meet specific marketing goals (e.g., program recruitment, product launches)
-owning the execution of specific components of marketing campaigns
-serving as Comms point-person for team members across the organization
- Interpret marketing data and work comfortably with large email send lists
- Ensure consistent ASSISTments branding and messaging for external communications and across the organization
- Proactively stay up-to-date and keep the team abreast of best practices, new content, developments across the organization, and trends on mission-critical topics
- Other administrative and coordination duties on behalf of the Communications team, as projects arise
- Bachelor's degree
- 1-3 years of experience in marketing, communications, or advertising preferably in a mission-driven education non-profit organization
- Experience in email marketing, social media management, blog-writing, and/or website management
- Strong written and oral communications skills with exceptional attention to detail and the ability to target communication to various audiences
- Experience coordinating cross-team projects, managing timelines and stakeholders, and strategizing creative solutions towards clear goals
- Proactive, thoughtful, and entrepreneurial work style on both highly independent and team projects
- Comfort working with large email send lists (ideally with Mailchimp)
- Experience with any of the following skills is highly desirable: Webflow, SEO, A/B testing, Google Analytics, graphic design
This is a full-time position. If the right person resides within commuting distance of Worcester, Massachusetts, then they will work from our offices once it is safe to do so. If this person is not local, they can be a remote employee. Successful candidates must possess U.S. work authorization.
Take some time to learn more about ASSISTments and then send your resume and cover letter to . Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, The ASSISTments Foundation seeks not just to accept difference - but to celebrate, support and thrive on it for the benefit of our staff, our product and our community. Employment is based solely on someone's merit and qualifications directly related to their professional competence. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law. The law aside, we also do this because we believe it's the right way to treat people.